Home Forums Daytime TV The Best of 2011

The Best of 2011

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
7 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
CB
eastwest
EmmyLoser
  • Allan
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my picks for the best shows and performances of the year:

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES:

SUZANNE ROGERS (Maggie, Days of Our Lives.)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES:

JONATHAN JACKSON (Lucky, General Hospital.)  

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES DIRECTING:
    DAYS OF OUR LIVES

OUTSTANDING WRITING:
    ONE LIFE TO LIVE

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR:
    JERRY VER DORN (Clint, One Life to Live.)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS:
    MELODY THOMAS SCOTT (Nikki, The Young and the Restless.)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES:ONE LIFE TO LIVE.          

CB
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my nominations for 2011:

BEST SOAP:

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

DAYS OF OUR LIVES

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

BEST LEAD ACTOR:

STEVE BURTON (GENERAL HOSPITAL)

MICHAEL E. KNIGHT (ALL MY CHILDREN)

JAMES SCOTT (DAYS OF OUR LIVES)

JORDI VILASUSO (ALL MY CHILDREN)

DOMINIC ZAMPROGNA (GENERAL HOSPITAL)

BEST LEAD ACTRESS:

JULIE MARIE BERMAN (GENERAL HOSPITAL)

LINDSEY HARTLEY (ALL MY CHILDREN)

KATHERINE KELLY LANG (THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL)

KELLY MONACO (GENERAL HOSPITAL)

LAURA WRIGHT (GENERAL HOSPITAL)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

ROGER HOWARTH (ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

JONATHAN JACKSON (GENERAL HOSPITAL)

JERRY VER DORN (ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

DARNELL WILLIAMS (ALL MY CHILDREN)

JACOB YOUNG (ALL MY CHILDREN)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:

SUSAN FLANNERY (THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL)

REBECCA HERBST (GENERAL HOSPITAL)

FLORENCIA LOZANO (ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

ERIKA SLEZAK (ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

HEATHER TOM (THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL)

BEST WRITING

ALL MY CHILDREN

DAYS OF OUR LIVES

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

BEST DIRECTION

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

DAYS OF OUR LIVES

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

My viewing of the soaps has been sporadic this year and I don’t see that changing as the number of soaps decrease. So instead of the usual categories that I have done in years past, I have done a top 10 list of actors who stood out for me and it was a top 20 before I narrowed it down. Then it will be the best episode of the year and best soap. So w/o further ado, here it tis:

Top 10 Actors
    Anthony Geary (Luke, GH)
    Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth, GH)
    Roger Howarth (Todd, OLTL)
    Jonathan Jackson (ex-Lucky, GH)
    Florencia Lozano (Tea, OLTL)
    Susan Lucci (ex-Erica, AMC)
    Kate Mansi (Abby, DAYS)
    Chandler Massey (Will, DAYS)
    Debbi Morgan (ex-Angie, AMC)
    Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R)

Best Episode
    Luke’s Intervention, GH

Best Soap
    OLTL

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really enjoying seeing everyone’s lists!  Since I’ve mainly a two-soap man, I’ve seen very little outside of DAYS and OLTL this year, aside from parts of Jake’s death and Martha Madison’s brief stint on GH and a couple of drunken Nikki episode on Y&R.  (Who doesn’t love boozy Nikki?)  It hardly seems fair for me to lay out things as “best,” considering that, but maybe I’ll compose a little best/worst with an asterisk.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrell moore
    Topics:

My viewing of the soaps has been sporadic this year and I don’t see that changing as the number of soaps decrease. So instead of the usual categories that I have done in years past, I have done a top 10 list of actors who stood out for me and it was a top 20 before I narrowed it down. Then it will be the best episode of the year and best soap. So w/o further ado, here it tis:

Top 10 Actors
    Anthony Geary (Luke, GH)
    Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth, GH)
    Roger Howarth (Todd, OLTL)
    Jonathan Jackson (ex-Lucky, GH)
    Florencia Lozano (Tea, OLTL)
    Susan Lucci (ex-Erica, AMC)
    Kate Mansi (Abby, DAYS)
    Chandler Massey (Will, DAYS)
    Debbi Morgan (ex-Angie, AMC)
    Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R)

Best Episode
    Luke’s Intervention, GH

Best Soap
    OLTL

east/west…It’s really scary because your opinion for your list and individuals and the shows on it mirrors my own opinion!

Including the ten actors you selected I’m adding the following:

Crystal Chappell (ex-Carly, DAYS)
    Vincent Irizzary (ex-David, AMC) 
    Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R) 
    Austin Williams (Shane, OLTL) 
    Darnell Williams (ex-Jesse, AMC) 
    Jacob Young (ex-JR, AMC)  

Favorite Moment: 
    Adam seeing Stuart alive for the first time on AMC. Once again the remarkable David Canary showed us why he is easily one of the greatest actors to ever appear on soaps!

Most Improved Soap:
    All My Children. It still had it’s misses but overall, thanks to Lorraine Broderick and Agnes Nixon, the show was alive again before it was finally cancelled.                

ReplyCopy URL
    Jessica
    Participant
    Topics:

My only note is Chandler Massey who has done work over the last 2 months.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cherry Fix
    Topics:

Does anyone have TV Guide’s Best in Soaps 2011 list?  In the print edition (last month), Michael Logan cited Michael E. Knight as the Best Actor of the year and said the rest of his list was posted on TV Guide’s web site.  But…it’s nowhere to be found.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel Avrami
    Topics:

These are excellent lists so far.  

Here are my choices:

Outstanding Lead Actor:  Steve Burton (GH) was close to perfect during Jake’s death this year.  Honourable mentions to Maurice Benard (GH) for waking up long enough for Sonny to marry Brenda, Anthony Geary (GH), who I usually do not have much use for, Darnell Williams (AMC), and James Scott (DOOL), who is arguably the most charasmatic leading man in the industry.

Outstanding Lead Actress:  I predicted and championed her Emmy win, and she was my favourite again this year: Laura Wright (GH).  Melody Thomas Scott (Y&R) would have easily been my choice had Wright not been an integral part of saving the Jake’s death story from contrived writing and impressed during the custody battle, which is so cliche on soaps that a lesser actress would not have made an impression.  Debbi Morgan (AMC) was amazing, but lost a few points in my book for emoting too hard on a few occassions, Michelle Stafford (Y&R) was good with the ridiculous Avery story line, and Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo (GH) did well while she was on with Brenda’s secret about killing Balkan Jr, making Maurice watchable, the wedding, and the baby stuff. 

Outstanding Supporting Actor:  Billy Miller (Y&R) and Jonathan Jackson (GH) are both exceptional, but I pick the former since JJ phoned in a few performances with the drug/Siobhan stuff.  Honourable mentions to Roger Howarth (OLTL) and Jason Thompson (GH).   

Outstanding Supporting Actress:  Jamie Luner (AMC).  Hardly anyone thought she could play Liza Colby, but her performances through the fallout of Liza and Damon’s steamy sofa sex made it hard to believe she was not the actress who played the original story with Tad and Marian.  A close second place, and likely to join the club of back-to-back Emmy wins next year is Heather Tom (B&B), who reminded us repeatedly this year why she is a Daytime legend.  Honourable mentions to Suzanne Rogers (DOOL), Arianne Zucker (DOOL), and Amelia Heinle (Y&R).

Outstanding Return or Newcomer:  Jordi Vilasuso (AMC) breathed new life into that show, as did his onscreen sister Lindsay Hartley (AMC), but her character was beyond pointless.  Sarah Joy Brown (DOOL) is off to an awesome start, and Kelly Sullivan (GH) is showing potential.  Christie Clark’s (DOOL) charisma makes her the best of the many returns on that show, and it was good to see Andrea Evans (OLTL) again.  

Outstanding Drama Series:  Tie between DOOL for overall quality and consistency and GH for having the best short arcs (Jake’s death and the wedding).  Honourable mention to OLTL.

Outstanding Directing in a Drama:  AMC takes this for their exceptional outdoor scenes that put B&B’s to shame.  Honourable mention to Days and OLTL.  

ReplyCopy URL
    youngsoapfan
    Participant
    Topics:

lol WOW! did you really just highlight james scott in that post and pretend it’s your own post? while still quoting the original poster? smoooooth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Linda L. Tatum
    Topics:

Darnell Williams
    Debbi Morgan

Their scenes in the Blindness/Birth/Burial site/baby switch storyline, simply the BEST.  Both Leads and amazing and gifted actors.  No one comes close!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.