Home Forums Daytime TV When are the 2022 Daytime Emmys?

When are the 2022 Daytime Emmys?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
EmmyLoser
FreemanGriffin
Derrick_Eogha..
  • Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I’m going off memory and would have to refresh to be sure, but I believe the ruling was that Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem does compete as a drama series and is eligible for series, writing, directing, and craft categories in the same way that the four network soaps are. The actors are eligible across the range of categories for daytime dramas, with the hitch being that an actor can only submit once per character, using material from Beyond Salem, Days of our Lives, or both. I think this would make category placement fairly standard for people who were regulars on both DAYS and Beyond Salem, like Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Victoria Konefal, Rob Wilson, Jackee Harry, James Reynolds, Sal Stowers, Lamon Archey, Billy Flynn, and even Thaao Penghlis and Leann Hunley. I imagine they would just funnel into lead or supporting as they would for DAYS without worrying much about their Beyond Salem screentime, whether they submit material from there or not. Things may be trickier for people who appeared briefly on DAYS but were featured on Beyond Salem, like Chandler Massey (who was a lead on Beyond Salem but only briefly guested on DAYS) and Eileen Davidson (who was a supporting character on Beyond Salem and a guest on DAYS). I doubt either would submit in the lead category, but I could see either of them trying for supporting or guest. But honestly, with 15 minutes of material, I don’t imagine most people will be doing a lot of mixing and matching anyway. Imagine Eileen submitting a reel that includes Kristen, Kristen pretending to be Sister Mary Moira, and Susan morphed by the Devil to look like Kristen and made to try to seduce John. It would be very confusing. I think then anyone who was just in Beyond Salem last year — like Lisa Rinna, Christie Clark, Austin Peck, Greg Rikaart, Charles Shaughnessy, Zach Tinker, and whoever else — could place themselves in categories based on Beyond Salem alone.

I’ve read that the nominations will be announced the first week of May, so we’re getting close.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorman
    Topics:

I read the nominations will be announced sometime in May.

The Award show will be Friday, June 24 on CBS at 8pm EST. It’ll be live and in-person.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

Thanks for letting me know. Gold Derby predictions site has it 6/19/22 at 9am and I got worried I’d miss it.

Shannon Mootz

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.