Home Forums Daytime TV Writers Guild 2022 Nominees for Daytime Drama

Writers Guild 2022 Nominees for Daytime Drama

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
alokin
  • Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Congratulations to Days of our Lives, General Hospital and The Young and the Restless on their nominations in the Daytime Drama category at the 74th annual Writers Guild of America Awards!

We’ve come a long way from when GH was the only show nominated a couple of years ago now that we have three nominees. Michael Fairman notes in his article that the Bold and the Beautiful opted not to submit for this year’s awards. It’s also interesting that Amanda Beall is listed as the head writer for Y&R rather than Josh Griffith. Does anyone know if this is because of him going ficore during the writers strike way back when? Does the punishment for that end at some point?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

For some reason the writer’s guild almost always chooses the wrong shows to honor with their awards. I prefer consistency over a single well-written show which is why I prefer our Goldies, which is for the whole year’s worth of work, to the Emmys or WGA, which has an episode or two for consideration. General Hospital was for me the only truly consistently well-written show of 2021 – some interesting episodes and storylines on the other shows, sure, but for consistency GH has been the best.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Congrats to all the nominees! Josh Griffith’s omission is quite bizarre. Interestingly, I noticed that James Harmon Brown and Michael Conforti (who were a part of last year’s Y&R writing team and who had also gone fi-core in the middle of the 2007-08 WGA strike) are likewise not credited. Fifteen years of being blacklisted feels like an unusually harsh punishment. I too wonder for how long this moratorium will continue to play itself out?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.