Home Forums Daytime TV Younger Actor and Younger Actress: 2000-09

Younger Actor and Younger Actress: 2000-09

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
belzoni1982
FreemanGriffin

• Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

These 2 categories were always two of my favorites.

2000: When David Tom was announced as the winner I wasn’t shocked or surprised. I had watched Y&R all of 99 and watched his character with Mac and argue with Jill. I have no clue what his reel was though. Camryn Grimes didn’t shock me either. She won for the custody case storyline and rightfully so.

2001: David Tom and David Lago were good in 2000, but there was no way that they were beating Justin Torkildsen. There was versatility in his reel. The first episode was Rick and Amber making love and the second one broke my heart as a angry Rick blasted Amber after finding out that Little eric wasn’t his son. Even though Eden Riegel was good in the coming out episodes it was something about Adrienne Frantz reel that stuck with me especially with Amber getting blasted by Rick followed by Amber having to give little Eric up. MY heart ached for her.

2002: IT was a good race between Jesse McCartney, Jacob Young, Brian Presley, Jordi Vilasuso, and Paul Taylor. Jacob Young was good in both scenes as Lucky fights the urge to let Elizabeth go. I can see why he won. Eden Riegel was the predicted winner but I knew Jennifer Finnigans name was in that envelope. Her range was so great as Bridget confronts Deacon about listening to Brooke’s BS about their relationship and the wedding episode were both good.

2003: Vilasuso was not going home without that Emmy. A tortured Tony in prison sealed the deal. I will never forget that episode Eden Riegel was the odds favorite again…but I knew Finnigan would repeat. Bridget finding out that Brooke and Deacon are not only having an affair but having a baby omg Bridget blew me away.

2004: Chad Brannon wasn’t the odds favorite but I liked Zander on GH. Zander finds out that he is Cameron’s dad and the overdose were too hard to ignore. Jennifer Finnigan won again over Riegel. Finnigan probably would have been my choice too due to the fact that her range in her two episodes were spot on as Bridget kisses Ridge and has a breakdown afterwards.

2005: IT was David Lagos turn and rightfully so as a Raul says a heartfelt goodbye to Britney. Eden Riegel finally won as Bianca deals with the fact that her baby is dead and she gives Bess back to Babe. That was a well deserved emmy.

2006: Tom Pelphrey was the winner regardless of the other nominees. Jonathan’s meltdown in front of reva and nate was golden. Jennifer Landon was the right Winner as Gwen finds out that Billy is Jennifer’s baby and her baby died and she visits her baby at the morgue.

2007:Pelphrey was the odds fave, but Bryton James gave range in his reel as Devon confronts Carmen and he tells his mother Yolanda to go away. Landon won again rightfully so as Gwen blades her mother at her concert and finding out that Will cheated with Jade.

2008: Pelphrey deserved it hands down. Jonathan loses Tammy omg a tearjerker. Landon had two great episodes as Gwen loses it over burying Adam and Gwen and Cleo Babbit meet face to face. Landon was good as Cleo.

2009: I loved Darrin Brooks in his reel as Max confronts Trent for abandoning him. I knew he was the winner going in. Julie Berman was definitely good as Lulu on the stand omg.

belzoni1982
    Topics:

Disagree with 05

I would have given it to Pelphrey

ReplyCopy URL

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The OP did the awards the year they were awarded and not for the year they were for. I can’t remember specifics of what each actor submitted but I would have voted very differently than the panelists:

1999 Jonathon Jackson (Lucky) – this was his last year of his original stint, the five-time Emmy winner was always truly outstanding.

2000 David Tom (Billy) – he was my favorite Billy.

2001 Jordi Vilasuso (Tony) – I really disliked Jacob Young’s take on Lucky, it was all wrong. Regardless of his reel he simply wasn’t a good Lucky.

2002 David Lago (Raul) – Raul was always interesting to watch.

2003 Chad Brannon (Zander) – whatever became of Chad Brannon? It was nice to see him on an episode in 2021 with Zander’s son at his grave. Zander was a fascinating character!

2004 Tom Pelphrey (Jonathon) – this was the introduction of Jonathon and the revelation that he was Reva’s son.

2005 Jesse Soffer (Will) – Will was such a complicated and fascinating character. This was the beginning of the love story for Will and Gwen, and his work with Colleen Zenk’s Barbara was always extra special.

2006 Van Hansis (Luke) – Luke was my favorite character during the late 2000’s. He really ought to have won at least one Emmy for his historic role on the show.

2007 Van Hansis (Luke) – or two! (; (or three – he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor the following year).

2008 Blake Berris (Nick) – his only nomination, Nick was so fascinating and different!

2009 Drew Garrett (Michael) – whatever became of Drew Garrett? I remember my extreme disappointment when they called out Drew Tyler Bell’s name – I know that some thought he delivered a great Emmy reel but to me he was a nothing as an actor. Whatever became of Drew Tyler Bell? He was fired shortly after he won his Emmy.

I will never understand why Matthew Bomer wasn’t nominated and won for his role on Guiding Light! He was beyond superb!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.