April 11, 2017 at 6:57 am #1202063251
So, I watched all the reels for younger Actress and figured I would start a separate thread where we could discuss how we would rank them.
1. Lexi Ainsworth – Loved it from beginning to end. I loved that she put the hostage scene right at the beginnning, as it grabbed you right from the start. There was a lot of range and levels. She had showier moments in the beginning and then some more subtle, emotional scenes when she comes out to Sonny. I think it might also help that her story with coming out is more relatable than some of the other “soapier” stories in this category.
2. Reign and Alyvia – These 2 were neck and neck for me, so I had to put them both at number 2. The length of Alyvia’s brought it down slightly for me. I was thinking that she could have cut out the stuff with her deciding where to live, even though she was very good in those as well. I was very impressed with her ability to portray such complex emotions when learning both that Sage died and the truth about Christian. I was able to connect to hers in ways I didn’t connect to some of the others.
I originally thought this would be a tough battle between Reign and Lexi, but I don’t think Reign chose the right reel. She had some great moments and showed some great emotion. However, the whole thing was a little one note for me. Also, I think she is an amazing actress, and maybe his is just me, but I noticed moments towards the end where it appeared she was trying to cry but I didn’t see any tears. A solid performance nonetheless though.
4. Hunter King – I was actually quite impressed with her scenes with Eric Braeden and her scenes at Phyllis’ bed side. She showed some really great emotion, despite some jarring transitions between her scenes. The scenes with Luca are what had her fourth for me. She was solid in them, but they just didn’t quite connect for me. I actually liked this reel better than both of her winning reels, I just thought some of the others were stronger.
5. Chloe Lanier – I actually think she is a pretty good actress, but this reel just did nothing for me. Her best moments were explaining to Sonny how they ended up in bed, but that didn’t come to the end and it was too little to late at that point for me. She had some decent moments with Michael and Morgan, but then the entire middle she barely had anything because Maurice dominated those scenes.April 11, 2017 at 8:12 am #1202063312
I think Edwards will win it hands down.April 11, 2017 at 5:14 pm #1202063713
Chloe Lanier is a strong actress, but she does not have competitive material. The writing for her scenes was cliched and did not give her the opportunity to shine. However, she is now on the Daytime Emmy radar and perhaps in the future she will have better stories to showcase her talent.
Usually, the truly younger performers do not have competitive reels. However, that is not the case with Alyvia Lyn Lind. Her reel show quite a range and exceptional maturity and complexity. She holds her own with Sharon Case, Steve Burton, Josh Morrow, Melody Thomas Scott, and Eric Braeden.
Hunter King‘s reel is short and choppy. She has proven herself a capable actress in the past, and this reel is competitive, but probably not enough so to win.
Reign Edwards is a possibility for the win. Her reel is beautifully performed and tells a story. It’s a bit short, but a very solid entry.
Lexi Ainsworth‘s reel is the most exceptional. She shows incredible range, and her emotional scenes are very convincing and moving.
My Ranking of the Reels:
1. Lexi Ainsworth
2. Reign Edwards
3. Alyvia Lyn Lind
4. Hunter King
5. Chloe Lanier
All the reels are good, and I would not rule out any of them.April 12, 2017 at 6:43 pm #1202064957
I agree. All the reels are really good. Anyway…
1. Reign Edwards (BB) – It was just, like, the best acting. A couple moments gave me chills.
2. Chloe Lanier (GH)
3. Alyvia Alyn Lind (YR)
4. Lexi Ainsworth (GH)
5. Hunter King (YR)
Favorite Reel: Chloe Lanier
Who Will Win: Alyvia Alyn Lind – I know I shouldn’t predict the long, dramatic epic (We all know what happened 2 years ago with Alison Sweeney.), but I think this reel stands out. And I think Lind’s performance is stronger than the other kiddie performances from last year. I feel like there’s a full, yet measured, range of emotions, with a compelling story line that probably drew voters in. And, hey, she’s also Dolly Parton. We’re overdue for this type of win. I think this’ll be the year.April 14, 2017 at 11:35 am #1202066562
5. LanierApril 14, 2017 at 2:30 pm #1202066698
1. Edwards (by far my favorite reel. She showcased her talents well and she was the highlight which I can’t say much for the others)
5. Lanier (Benard and Duell overshadowed her in both her scenes and she really provided nothing to showcase herself).April 17, 2017 at 9:02 am #1202068727
1. Lexi Ainsworth
2. Reign Edwards
3. Alyvia Alyn Lind
4. Chloe Lanier
5. Hunter King
I actually liked Edwards’ reel best and would probably vote for that one myself, but I think Ainsworth’s reel has more going for it. I’d be happy to see either of them win the Emmy though. Ainsworth has more range, but I like that Edwards, like pretty much all of the B&B reels I’ve seen, presents a story that’s linear and clearly makes sense in and of itself. (Though I also think Edwards had better reels to choose from.) She also feels slightly more genuine, and stirred me much more than Ainsworth did. I liked Lind’s performance very much, but the reel felt never ending. I would have considered cutting some of the stuff with either Sage’s death or the Sully/Christian reveal.
Lanier and King fall a good deal behind the other three for me. I gave Lanier a slight edge because while she’s just fine but not really impressive through much of the reel, she did have the scenes toward the end where she’s pretending to be upset that showed her skill. King is fine, but doesn’t do anything to stand out to me.April 18, 2017 at 4:28 pm #1202070111
There’s no reason for a child to have the longest reel in the category. She’s perfectly fine for a kid but there’s just no comparison to the other 4. And was this really just 4 eps? This reel never ended.
Edwards reel was nicely written and she was good in the understated parts. I felt like she strained a little in the more emotional moments.
King’s reel is stronger than what she’s won with before. There’s not a ton of range but she’s effortless and effective throughout.
Lanier is great in the Morgan and Michael scenes. Then Benard takes over for a while, but she takes center stage again at the end and does a bang up job. I hate the character, but she is a strong actress and this reel is a good showcase for her.
I didn’t see the point of the hostage scene at the beginning of Ainsworth’s reel. It just added nothing, but the rest of her reel was gold. Just phenomenal and should finally get her the Emmy she was robbed of with her domestic abuse story.
Unusually strong set of reels for this category. I could see any of the top 4 win.April 19, 2017 at 1:57 am #1202070556
1. Lexi Ainsworth. She has a story arc and is excellent throughout. She also has an interesting story.
2. Reign Edwards. She radiates intelligence as an actress. Very impressive.
3. Chloe Lanier. She could actually win. Very similar situation to the original Carly – Sarah J Brown – who won immediately on her first nomination. I enjoyed her reel more than the rest of you apparently did. I thought she was wonderful!
4. Alyvia Alyn Lind. A talented youngster, but Brooklyn Rae Silzer’s reel from last year was much better with similar material. The BRP may be different, of course, but at least that’s how I felt about it.
5. Hunter King. I am so bored with her. Yes, she had some effective moments, but her reel felt dull to me. Of course, I just don’t care for her and that may be why.
I think this is a 3 way race: Ainsworth, Edwards or Lanier.April 20, 2017 at 3:18 pm #1202072121
5. KingApril 22, 2017 at 12:37 am #1202073317
1.Reign Edwards ( from beginning to end it was what I expected especially the scenes where she gave Zende the business)
2. Lexi Ainsworth ( the coming out was greatly written. The beginning threw me off. She also got overshadowed by Maurice Benard)
3. Hunter King ( I loved her reel from beginning to end it’s just that it was the scenes with Luca that threw me off)
4. Alyvia Lind (Great reel but it’s not her time yet)
5. Chloe Lainer ( great reel but got overshadowed by Maurice Benard, Chad Duell, and Bryan Craig)April 22, 2017 at 11:49 pm #1202073857
1. Reign Edwards
2. Lexi Ainsworth
3. Alyvia Alyn Lind
4. Hunter King
3,213,956. Chloe LanierApril 23, 2017 at 7:09 pm #1202074443
5. LindApril 25, 2017 at 6:38 am #1202075778
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.