Home Forums Games! Let’s Play Games! Ultimate Best Picture Winner ever (1927-2019)??

Ultimate Best Picture Winner ever (1927-2019)??

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
replies
views
users
Barbra Please
Nameizmann
Stank83
Ultimate Best Picture Winner ever (1927-2019)??
Sunrise
Gone With The Wind
Casablanca
All About Eve
Lawrence of Arabia
The Godfather
Amadeus
Schindler's List
No Country For Old Men
Parasite
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Best “Best Picture” winner ever??
    Picked the best one of every decade poll.
    Vote and comment.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

It’s Parasite.

Funny, smart, thrilling, and bleak

✔ Direction: detailed and controlled. A real, fully realized vision comes to life. Thanks to Bong Joon Ho, for his mesmerizing commitment and patience. He directed the shit out of this movie.

✔  Screenplay: original (please forget about that shitty Indian movie plagiarize scandal, you can’t compare crap to a masterpiece) complex, universal, witty, and smart. The genre blending is so seamless and wonderful.

Ki-taek : They are rich but still nice.
    Chung-sook, Ki-taek’s wife : They are nice because they are rich.

✔ Acting: Flawlessly acted by the talented cast, especially from the ladies; Cho Yeo Jeong, So Dam Park, and Lee Jeung Eun.

✔ Cinematography: Smooth, subtle, and precisely controlled. One of the most underrated great cinematography. The camera blocking were awesome.

✔ Editing: perfectly edited, subtle, and seamless. Can you believe that ‘get rid of the old maid’ sequence was 10 minutes long? It feels that entire montage only lasted about 5 minutes. Don’t get me started of how masterfully edited ‘the house cleaning’ scene. How can a cleaning scene being so intense? Thanks to it’s EDITING, acting, and score.

✔ Score: Instantly iconic and memorable. The music captured the moods and moments so perfectly. The rich mom going up the stair during the ‘get rid of the old maid’ montage is a masterclass of suspense and reveal in music.

✔ Sets: The design of the Mansion alone is one of the best cinematic production design in film history. Expertly, carefully designed and crafted. The poor homes and neighbourhood also a design masterclass of how to create a realistic movie sets. The sets are so convincing, many people including me thinking this movie was filmed at the real homes.

✔ Visual Effects: This is the most subtle thing in the entire movie. I don’t even realize this movie had any CGI. The mansion, the poor neighbourhod, the road, etc is actually completed with some vfx. It’s invisible, but vital to the story. Great visual effects not just about war with superheroes right? Right Mr. Scorsese?

If there were a justice in the world, Parasite will actually had more nominations and swept the throphy. A movie this perfect is a rare experience in a lifetime, and one hell of a achievement.

Best Picture
    Best Director
    Best Supporting Actor; Song Kang Ho
    Best Supporting Actress; Cho Yeo Jeong, Lee Jeung Eun, So Dam Park
    Best Original Screenplay
    Best Editing
    Best Cinematography
    Best Production Design
    Best Original Score
    Best Visual Effects

12 Oscar Nominations.

Many people will not agree with my points. Or will feels that I overhyping this movie. I don’t care, this is the THE ULTIMATE BEST PICTURE winner so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

Why is this always moved to Games? I don’t get it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

No Country For Old Men.
    A unique masterpiece that gets better, deeper, and richer until its last single frame.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.