( +4 hidden )
March 5, 2018 at 11:18 am #1202507675
1) Frances McDormand’s speech- even though I would have preferred Sally Hawkins or Margot Robbie to have won best actress.
2) Roger Deakins winning finally for best cinematography.
3) Jordan Peele winning best original screenplay over Martin McDonagh.
4) Tiffany Haddisch and Maya Rudolph presenting.
5) James Ivory winning best adapted screenplay for “Call Me By Your Name”.
SQMarch 5, 2018 at 11:33 am #1202507685
1. Jordan Peele’s Original Screenplay Oscar win for “Get Out” (yassss, bitches!!!).
2. Standing O for Roger Deakins’s first win!!!
3. Oscar Isaac’s awestruck look over handing Kobe his Oscar for Animated Short Film.
4. Helen Mirren presenting the jet-ski like a “Price Is Right” model girl lol.
5. Tiffany Haddish & Maya Rudolph. Funnier than anything Kimmel did all night long.
SQMarch 5, 2018 at 11:40 am #1202507690
– Frances Speech
– Shape of water winning Best Picture
– Helen Mirren
– The woman crying and holding emliy Blunt in the movie theatre
– Allison Janney ” i did it all myself”
Check out my online store 🙂March 5, 2018 at 11:49 am #1202507696
1. Frances McDormand’s Speech
2. The Movie Theater Crashing
3. Allison Janney’s “I did it all by myself.”
4. Mark Bridges and Helen Mirren on a Jet Ski
5. Andra Day and Common’s Performance
SQMarch 6, 2018 at 7:46 am #1202508221
1. the Mike Pence joke
2. the movie theater crashing
3. Frances McDormand’s speech
4. James Ivory
5. All the music performances
SQMarch 6, 2018 at 3:56 pm #1202508524
1. Haddish and Rudolph
2. Rockwell thanking the late and deeply missed Phillip Seymour Hoffman
3. Eva Marie Saint
4. The Sufjan Stevens performance
5. Mark Bridges and Helen Mirren lol
Which Oscar win from Sunday will definitely not age well?March 6, 2018 at 4:27 pm #1202508532
Gary Oldman’s and Kobe Bryants’ (Both didn’t even last 24 hours)
SQMarch 6, 2018 at 5:48 pm #1202508564
SQMarch 6, 2018 at 5:57 pm #1202508577
“The Shape of Water.” It has a rocky road ahead.
Five least favorite moments/wins/acceptance speeches from the Oscars?March 6, 2018 at 6:41 pm #1202508632
1. The terrible sound during the live performances
2. Flashing on Meryl like 10 times to make up for the otherwise general lack of star power at the event
3. The Shape of Water winning over Blade Runner 2049 and Phantom Thread in Production Design and Score, respectively
4. Jimmy Kimmel’s complete lack of charisma which was a 180 from his tryhard hosting last year
5. Emma Stone giving out best director with the cringey shout-out to Gerwig; I’d rather a director present the award
SQMarch 6, 2018 at 7:00 pm #1202508657
1. The pointless metoo/gun right montage speech
2. Emma stone thinking she nailed that shit with her shout out for Gerwig.
3. The terrible sound check/problem for each performance.
4. Jimmy Kimmel’s lackluster hosting
5. Sufjan Stevens performance being noticeably shorter than the others.
SQMarch 6, 2018 at 8:01 pm #1202508775
1. The military films montage: jingoistic, gross, and pandering time waste
2. Going to the movie theater: fully over Kimmel’s hosting and his”real Amurricah!” show stunts
3. Cutting off the acceptance speeches to include #1 and #2 nonsense
4. Beatty and Dunaway returning to present BP. “No repeat presenters ever!”
5. Lackluster Original Song presentations and sound quality
SQMarch 7, 2018 at 4:03 am #1202508888
Oscars were fucking shit.
Who would your cast and director be for either an all-black On the Waterfront, or a 2010s On the Waterfront?March 7, 2018 at 4:16 am #1202508889
I’ll do both:
All-black On the Waterfront directed by Spike Lee:
Terry Malloy: Michael B. Jordan/Trevante Rhodes
Edie Doyle: Tessa Thompson
Charley “The Gent” Malloy: Idris Elba
Father Barry: Stephen Henderson
Johnny Friendly: Denzel Washington
The Kid on the Roof: Ashton Sanders
2010s On the Waterfront directed by Michael R. Roskam/Kenneth Lonergan:
Terry Malloy: Tom Hardy
Eddie Doyle: Carey Mulligan
Charley “The Gent” Malloy: Josh Brolin
Father Barry: Tracy Letts
Johnny Friendly: Paddy Considine
The Kid on the Roof: Jacob Tremblay
What are your best actor/actress choices every year from 2010 to now after the conclusion of this year’s Oscars?
March 7, 2018 at 4:43 am #1202508893
- This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by CitizenBlake.
2010: Colin Firth & Natalie Portman
2011: Michael Fassbender (Shame) & Rooney Mara
2012: Daniel Day-Lewis & Jessica Chastain
2013: Chiwetel Ejiofor & Cate Blanchett
2014: Michael Keaton & Essie Davis (The Babadook)
2015: Leonardo DiCaprio & Rooney Mara (Carol)
2016: Casey Affleck & Viola Davis (Fences)
2017: Timothee Chalamet & Margot Robbie
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.