Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Nominations: Reactions (Part 2)

2020 Oscar Nominations: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 226 through 232 (of 232 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gabe Guarin
Guest 2018
John Berchmans
  • BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Is anyone else shocked that Emma Watson never seemed to be mentioned once this season at all for Little Women? This last time I checked she was categorized in lead for her part. I’m convinced that if they properly campaigned her in supporting she would’ve caught traction from the beginning of the season and gotten an Oscar nomination over say, Kathy Bates.

she’s in supporting, the early reactions killed her and chalamet’s chances, and she was pretty much inferior to the other actresses from the second she was on screen

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

It was so much ‘disgusting rubbish’ that it surpassed BOTH THE DOMESTIC AND WORLDWIDE BOXOFFICE totals of the original. I give moviegoers a bit more credit than you want to yield to them.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom has a higher domestic and worldwide gross than Jurassic Park. It’s a well known fact that Fallen Kingdom sucks ass.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Haters gonna hate.

All you do is hate on movies and shows you’ve never seen before.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Those were my predictions from like a month ago and I didn’t care enough to update them. The critic’s choice awards are irrelevant anyway. Imagine caring how someone did on the critic’s choice awards.

LOL Imagine not knowing how to predict oscars a month out with SAG and GG noms announced. Imagine complaining about someone bringing up your past predictions when you were calling out someone else for past predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    John
    Participant
    Topics:

Box office doesn’t make a movie great. If that were the case than Transformers 3 and 4, Jurrasic World Fallen Kingdom, and The Lion King 2019 would all be fantastic films.

^^^^
    This

The same phenomenon hit the Twilight franchise with tweenie girls gushing and swooning over its sturm und drang romance. Parents of most tweenie girls can attest to this. Move the age bracket to a younger group. I saw the reaction to the “Frozen II” branded foods that were everywhere throughout the stores in December. Everything sold by Kellogg’s, General Mills and Nature’s Own was suddenly a Frozen II version. They were massive young girl magnets. (Very glad I didn’t have one.)

John

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

That was before the preferential ballot. It’s not impossible, but the fact remains that Parasite doesn’t have support from the biggest branch in the Academy. You can’t pull stuff like this out of your ass.

Do you honestly think The Return of the King and Slumdog Millionaire wouldn’t have won on the preferential ballot? Besides, if the Academy had an ensemble award you can bet Parasite would’ve been nominated for it like at SAG. Just because a film lacks individual acting nominations doesn’t mean it lacks support from actors altogether.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

With Apollo 11 missing from Best Documentary Feature it seems like American Factory would be the new front-runner, but I am uncertain. We could very well have a surprise winner, perhaps For Sama or Honeyland or even The Cave? I think I have American Factory #1 in my predictions but this is a category I have no idea which way it’s going to go!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 226 through 232 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.