Home Forums Movies 1985 Best Supporting Actor

1985 Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
JayDF
Army Of Me
natedoggg
  • Profile picture
    Army Of Me
    Topics:

Stoltz and Cher were robbed that year. He would have been my personal winner and she was more than deserving of a nomination. Sadly, the negative publicity for Mask likely proved too much to overcome. Cher had crazy competition but Stoltz should have gotten a nomination in such a divided field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

I believe that this is the thread to which Robert referred: https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/what-was-the-reaction-to-don-ameches-win-for-cocoon/

And Mask is one of the few awards contenders from 1985 that I can actually watch over and over again. I would argue that it was Peter Bogdanovich’s last great movie, when he managed to get out of his nostalgia for the early to mid 20th century, and a great choice of a first to make after the Stratten murder, although I am now hesitant to give him too much credit after he took all of the credit for Cher’s beautiful performance. Anyway, as pertains to this category, I think that Sam Elliott was the supporting actor of that movie, with Eric Stoltz really the lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

Need to check out Cocoon for all the negative comments…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.