Home Forums Movies 1985 – Supporting Actress – Your Personal List?

1985 – Supporting Actress – Your Personal List?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
SHT L
RobertPius
ENGLAND
  • ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

When it comes to the nominees, I think that the Color Purple girls probably cancelled each out. One of them should have definitely won.So many scenes from both, I can’t pick a favorite.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam_Malone
    Participant
    Topics:

From the Oscar’s line-up:

1. Margaret Avery in The Color Purple – I think this performance is severly underrated (today as well as back then) as everything was/is about Goldberg (and maybe Winfrey). She has a natural vulnerability, sexiness and sadness about her that makes her performance as precious as it can be. Too bad she posted that weird ad in the papers; that is what she is remembered for.

2. Anjelica Huston in Prizzi’s Honour – somebody here sumed up the performance brilliantly. We like her, but we don’t know why since there is nothing that seems outstanding. Yet, we like her and vote for her.

3. Oprah Winfrey in The Color Purple – that is the more flashy performance. It certainly works, however, I am asking myself whether it is the performance I like or whether I am just feeling sorry for her character.

4. Meg Tilly in AGnes of God – The globe winner is just not cup o tea. Too shrill, even in quiet moments.

5. Amy Madigan in Twice in a Lifetime – just no.

My line-up includes the first three plus Harada for Ran and Sylvia Sidney for An Early Frost (I do allow tv movies in my line-ups).

Re: Clue – happens that I watched the movie today and I do not see an Oscar there.

ReplyCopy URL
    SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

From the Oscar’s line-up: 1. Margaret Avery in The Color Purple – I think this performance is severly underrated (today as well as back then) as everything was/is about Goldberg (and maybe Winfrey). She has a natural vulnerability, sexiness and sadness about her that makes her performance as precious as it can be. Too bad she posted that weird ad in the papers; that is what she is remembered for. 2. Anjelica Huston in Prizzi’s Honour – somebody here sumed up the performance brilliantly. We like her, but we don’t know why since there is nothing that seems outstanding. Yet, we like her and vote for her. 3. Oprah Winfrey in The Color Purple – that is the more flashy performance. It certainly works, however, I am asking myself whether it is the performance I like or whether I am just feeling sorry for her character. 4. Meg Tilly in AGnes of God – The globe winner is just not cup o tea. Too shrill, even in quiet moments. 5. Amy Madigan in Twice in a Lifetime – just no. My line-up includes the first three plus Harada for Ran and Sylvia Sidney for An Early Frost (I do allow tv movies in my line-ups). Re: Clue – happens that I watched the movie today and I do not see an Oscar there.

I love this summary so much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Intestacy
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actress: Meg Tilly (Agnes of God)
    Angelica Huston (Prizzi’s Honor)
    Kelly McGillis (Witness)
    Molly Ringwald (The Breakfast Club)
    Tina Turner (Mad Max:Beyond Thunderdome)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Intestacy.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.