Home Forums Movies 2011 Goldderby Rankings- Final Results

2011 Goldderby Rankings- Final Results

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
Created
7 years ago
Last Reply
7 years ago
replies
views
users
pacinofan
Carbon Based ..
babypook
  • babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

^Yes. If it were up to one a-hole Twilight would be our #1

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The Goldderby choice as the 10th best film of the year is an action film and a sequel but one with amazing stunt-work and effects that must have blown the voters away for it to rank above best picture Oscar nominees like “The Descendants” and “Hugo”.

The 10th best film of 2011 with a score of 3.979 according to Goldderby members is the Tom Cruise popcorn, though gourmet popcorn, flick…

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The choice of Goldderby members for 9th place in the Rankings is a little seen indie film but well loved by Goldderby members. It features a triumphant performance by its lead actor, I think a lot of Goldderby members probably would like to see him in the Oscar race for best actor, a costar with a supporting actress nomination, I would also think many Goldderby members think she should have been nominated for this. It received no Oscar nominations but several Independant Spirit noms.

The Goldderby members choice as the 9th best film of 2011 with a score of 4.0 is…

Take Shelter

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The Golderby members’ choice as the 8th best film of 2011 is a best picture and directing Oscar nominee and a film that won several critics’ prizes for directing and cinematography as well as the Palm d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival.

With a score of 4.024 the 8th best film of 2011 is…

The Tree of Life

ReplyCopy URL
    Scottferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

^Yes. If it were up to one a-hole Twilight would be our #1

It is actually #1. And it may be your choice. I am confused about whom you are talking.

Funny thing is, had I given a vote for it, it wouldn’t been rated the worst – because I probably would have given it a B- or a C+ (I’m a very easy grader, as Pacinofan can testify – lots and lots of B+s and better), and it wouldn’t have tied for worst film of the year. But hardly because I like the film that much. It was the least interesting of a modest series.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The film in 7th place in the Rankings nearly swept the major critics’ awards for best animated film and is almost certain to pick up that prize tonight at the Oscars.

Your choice as the 7th best film of 2011 with a score of 4.05 is…

Rango

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The film the Goldderby members chose as the 6th best of 2011 is an Oscar nominee for best picture, actor, supporting actor and screenplay. Its lead actor picked up some acting prizes from the major critics’ groups as well as some screenplay prizes. It won best adapted screenplay here in the Goldderby Awards.

The Goldderby members choice as the 6th best film of 2011 with score of 4.058 (and with 26 people ranking the film it is the most seen film in the Top Ten) is…

Moneyball

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Anf now we reach the Top Five Films of 2011 according to you Goldderby voters!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Your choice as the 5th best film of 2011 is likely to win best picture and director tonight at the Oscars and may just pick up best actor too. It has already won best picture from the NY Critics, Golden Globes and Independant Spirit Awards. Oh, and at the Goldderby Awards.

The 5th best film of 2011 according to Goldderby voters with a grade of 4.071 is…

The Artist

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The film in 4th place on the Goldderby Rankings came in with the needed five Rankings at the last, last minute. Its inclusion is a bit of a surprise even to me… and I have yet to see it. In 4th place is a film by great director Abbas Kiarostami and stars Oscar winner Juliette Binoche. I wish I could write more but I really don’t know much about the film.

According to the Goldderby voters, well at least five of them, the 4th best film of 2011 with a grade of 4.1 is…

Certified Copy

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

And now we have the top 3 films of 2011 according to the Goldderby members!

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The 3rd best film of 2011 topped the Top Ten list for a few weeks. It is an acclaimed drama from the U.K. about a gay couple seeing if they can make it in the long run despite a lot of obstacles.

The Goldderby members choice as the 3rd best film of 2011 with a grade of 4.175 is…

Weekend

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The 2nd best film according to Goldderby voters is an acclaimed film from Korea that garnered its lead actress a best actress win from the Los Angeles Film Critics. It was a best foreign language film nominee in our Goldderby Awards.

Your choice as the 2nd best film of 2011 with a grade 4.222 is…

Poetry

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

And now we reach the top prize. The Goldderby members’ choice as the best film of 2011 based on the grades you sent me.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Past choices for best film of the year in these Goldderby Rankings have been “The Hurt Locker”, “The Social Network”, “WALL-E” and “Persepolis”.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.