Home Forums Movies 2011 Scream Awards

2011 Scream Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Created
8 years ago
Last Reply
8 years ago
replies
views
users
teri
Tye-Grr
rockstitution
  • rockstitution
    Topics:

These winners are quite good.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

@Pook- Yep, we’re the only freaks who watch it, or so it seems. Hahaha! I wish that Tarantino would put Cage in one of his movies. He was in one of the faux trailers for ‘Grindhouse’, but I’d love them to work on a big project together.

I like this notion. It’s a great way for Cage to avoid another Razzie honour.
    I loved how laid back yet enthusiastic these awards/presenters/audience were. From where I am it looked like Tarantino had a slight, spray-tanned head and nobody, made a big deal of his using the ‘f’ word.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

[quote=”Tye-Grr”]@Pook- Yep, we’re the only freaks who watch it, or so it seems. Hahaha! I wish that Tarantino would put Cage in one of his movies. He was in one of the faux trailers for ‘Grindhouse’, but I’d love them to work on a big project together.

I like this notion. It’s a great way for Cage to avoid another Razzie honour.
    I loved how laid back yet enthusiastic these awards/presenters/audience were. From where I am it looked like Tarantino had a slight, spray-tanned head and nobody, made a big deal of his using the ‘f’ word.[/quote]

Hahaha… I think the “f” word was used quite a bit by many folks. And Tarantino and Cage both looked like they might’ve used a little botox and spray tan. 

@Rock- I think so too.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Junk
    Topics:

Wow, did the public really vote for the winners cause almost all of them are really deserving! And I’m surprised but happy that Harry Potter didn’t do a clean sweep. Way to go Scream Awards, you’ve just elevated yourself x100 in my eyes. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan_Fernand
    Participant
    Topics:

As someone who thought the last Harry Potter film was a major disappointment, I was not happy (although not surprised) with the majority of these winners.  I’m happy for the Black Swan love (Aronofsky and Portman were by far the best in their respective categories) and with Super 8 winning Best Science Fiction Movie.  I was much happier with the TV side of things where Game of Thrones did well and it appears that True Blood love is slowly fading (it cleaned up those categories last year for its horrible 3rd season).

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

As someone blithely indifferent towards television awards this year, I was really really surprised to see Game of Thrones win its category! A fantasy, set in medieval times, a costume, ‘historical’ piece actually winning was gratifying for me.
    I have almost nothing to compare the series to quality-wise, so I am completely biased, but I love this series. Anticipating the second season very much. Plus, I love that cast.

What was missing for me was any mention for “Monsters”. I’m pretty sure it was eligible. For me, that was the best sci-film; perhaps not as entertaining as “Super 8”, but just as or more gratifying; a work of art imo.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.