Home Forums Movies 2015 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)

2015 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
AMG
CanadianFan
drenja
  • Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, those Freeheld reviews are not good. I guess now we see why Steve Carell wasn’t given prominent billing alongside Moore, Page, and Shannon.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Spotlight is getting really good reviews out of Toronto. Like The Danish Girl, it too has seemingly been better received here than it was in Venice.

ReplyCopy URL
    drenja
    Participant
    Topics:

Wierd year so far, no clear frontrunner. Spotlight seems like it can be big thing. It has some aspects going in its favour, plus other then maybe Jobs, i dont see a movie that well recieved. That all can change with “Reventant” and “Joy” but something tells me one of those two wount be that big of a factor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Titanium
    Participant
    Topics:

This year is crazy, the festivals for the first time in years haven’t provided a consensus frontrunner or even many sure things for nominations.

On the topic of Spotlight, that seems more and more certain to be a nominee, but there usually needs to be support in the actors branch for a BP win… Who could get nominated for this film? The reviews I’ve read haven’t seen any actor being singled out in particular or placed in lots of peoples predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

THE DRESSMAKER First Reviews:

Variety: Winslet, a difficult actress to root against under any circumstances, has us in her palm from the moment he steps into the frame, looking like an avenging dark angel bathed in 50’s noir shadows. Her presence ends much-needed ballast, and even a measure of moral weight, to the over the top retribution that awaits the films end.

The Hollywood Reporter: the most compelling thing about Tilly’s homecoming s her reunion with her mother, Molly, a crusty old crank played with scenery-gobbling glee by Judy Davis. Davis’ snaggletoothed snarling and slapsticky scuffling with Winslet are worth the price of admission alone.

Joe Neumaier: The Dressmaker is an unsuccessful, stitched together hybrid of quirky and dark 90’s Aussie films

IndieWire: Fine performances by Kate Winslet, Liam Hemsworth and Judy Davis help matters a bit, but the final product is so oddly cobbled together that the entire thing should be left hanging on the rack.

ReplyCopy URL
    drenja
    Participant
    Topics:

This year is crazy, the festivals for the first time in years haven’t provided a consensus frontrunner or even many sure things for nominations.

On the topic of Spotlight, that seems more and more certain to be a nominee, but there usually needs to be support in the actors branch for a BP win… Who could get nominated for this film? The reviews I’ve read haven’t seen any actor being singled out in particular or placed in lots of peoples predictions.

On many sites Keaton is very strong and even a frontrunner for supporting actor. 

ReplyCopy URL
    DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

Room has won the Peoples Choice Award!!

5 minutes ago
    The Grolsch People’s Choice Award goes to Lenny Abrahamson’s ROOM  

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s crazy! Especially in light of “spotlight”.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a bit surprised. I thought Spotlight was taking it. Interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

Brie Larson has the nomination in the bag. I didn’t believe her chances at first, but now that the film won the People’s Choice we must consider it in many categories, including Best Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice!! I figured it was going to go Spotlight or The Danish Girl,  but this is a nice surprise. We might have an actual race on our hands since Spotlight has been pegged as an early frontrunner. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.