Home Forums Movies 2017 Oscar Predictions Center Now Open

2017 Oscar Predictions Center Now Open

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
Chris Beachum
GusCruz
  • Profile picture
    GusCruz
    Topics:

Films should be added: “Hell or High Water”, “Everybody Wants Some!!”, “Indignation” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople”.

“NO. BUT I LIKED EYE IN THE SKY, SO THAT’S IN.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I read every post by the original poster of this thread regarding the inclusions in the predictions’ center and I found it extremely weird how he didn’t ask “if anyone has a suggestion to make, please do it” or something like that. I thought this site was based on collaboration. It’s LAUGHABLE to have Eye in the Sky in and no Café Society — not saying either will make it in, but sure as hell Woody has a better shot. Believe it or not!!, us users have a lot to contribute to the site.

Anyway, I would like to please ask whoever is open to suggestions that The Lost City of Z and James Gray get added to the predictions center. The movie will be at the New York Film Festival, it has release dates in some countries for 2016 and I am 100% certain that it will be released in the US by December. This is not a situation like Silence, which we really don’t know for sure that it will be released this year, so I don’t see the problem with adding it.

Gold Derby will favor “realistic” contenders at every step of award season until an unconventional contender becomes apart of the conversation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GusCruz
    Topics:

I read every post by the original poster of this thread regarding the inclusions in the predictions’ center and I found it extremely weird how he didn’t ask “if anyone has a suggestion to make, please do it” or something like that. I thought this site was based on collaboration. It’s LAUGHABLE to have Eye in the Sky in and no Café Society — not saying either will make it in, but sure as hell Woody has a better shot. Believe it or not!!, us users have a lot to contribute to the site.

Anyway, I would like to please ask whoever is open to suggestions that The Lost City of Z and James Gray get added to the predictions center. The movie will be at the New York Film Festival, it has release dates in some countries for 2016 and I am 100% certain that it will be released in the US by December. This is not a situation like Silence, which we really don’t know for sure that it will be released this year, so I don’t see the problem with adding it.

Gold Derby will favor “realistic” contenders at every step of award season until an unconventional contender becomes apart of the conversation.

Yeah sure. Half of those movies wouldn’t get nominated even if God himself begged for it. Gray at least is overdue and it’s a big production a la Revenant. Also: NYFF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I’m not even addressing Gray’s film which likely falls into the prestige category. I’m talking about the fan boy for anything many here insist should be included because why not?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Lost City does not have a firm U.S. release date yet, so we can’t include it right now. Remember Miles Ahead premiered at NY last year and did not get released until a few months later (in 2016 not 2015).

I promise more films will be added when they firm up their plans and get their campaigns confirmed. The Big Short didn’t get picked up by Paramount last year until October and became a major contender/nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    benutty
    Topics:

Lost City of Z is said to be 2017 anyway. Give up the hope for it now. Save yourself some disappointment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Screenplays

David Hare
    Erin Cressida Wilson and Paula Hawkins
    David Grann, James Gray
    The late great Shûsaku Endô
    Taylor Sheridan
    Jeff Nichols

Seems as if often Scorsese’s projects are a question mark for release. I’m optimistic here.

And let’s go, Emily Blunt and Rachel Weisz. So many others. What’s the date today? August something?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GusCruz
    Topics:

Lost City of Z is said to be 2017 anyway. Give up the hope for it now. Save yourself some disappointment.

Not what I’ve been hearing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ismael
    Topics:

Lost City does not have a firm U.S. release date yet, so we can’t include it right now. Remember Miles Ahead premiered at NY last year and did not get released until a few months later (in 2016 not 2015).

I promise more films will be added when they firm up their plans and get their campaigns confirmed. The Big Short didn’t get picked up by Paramount last year until October and became a major contender/nominee.

And why haven’t been included “Hell or high water”, “Indignation”, “Everybody wants some” and “Hunt for the wilderpeople”? They have been released and have received good reviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GusCruz
    Topics:

Please add The Salesman for Best Picture and Asghar Farhadi for Best Director.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sam K
    Topics:

Do You think if Meg Ryan’s Ithica gets picked up by a major distributor this year,do you think it gets nominated anywhere this year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kevin Dillon
    Topics:

Where are the following films:

Midnight Special (Picture and subsequent categories)
    Hail, Cesar! (Picture and subsequent categories)
    The Witch (Picture and subsequent categories)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

Why is the Oscar predictions forum closed from new comments?!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.