Home Forums Movies 2018 Oscar Nominee Predictions: Part 8

2018 Oscar Nominee Predictions: Part 8

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 536 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
PJ Edwards
FreemanGriffin
  • Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

It is out front for Best Picture, the flawless and uncannily well-paced Editing was one of the best elements of the film, I think it is hilarious how low its odds are. I confidently have it getting in at 100\1 odds.

What you’re describing sounds like story editing rather than picture editing.

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

It is out front for Best Picture, the flawless and uncannily well-paced Editing was one of the best elements of the film, I think it is hilarious how low its odds are. I confidently have it getting in at 100\1 odds.

What you’re describing sounds like story editing rather than picture editing.

No I mean Picture Editing, as in it was noticeable and surprising in the best way possible how no shot, scene or any individual moment was allowed to go on even a millisecond longer than it needed to, thus keeping the attention of the audience consistently engaged in the film. It never dragged once during its entire running time, and that is definitely one of the reasons it’s perfect 100% Rotten Tomatoes score lasted as long as it did. The Oscars will not snub the films Picture Editing, since it is one of most obviously impressive aspects of the film.

PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Bird officially takes over the #1 BP spot on Gold Derby! Yet I hear it’s not a frontrunner and it’s not an oscar movie. How it’s too slight and has no importance. I hope those people keep not taking it seriously so it can enjoy underdog status for the next 3 months! I’m sure they’ll be saying the those same things as they read Lady Bird off the paper in the envelope in the Dolby Theater!

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Bird officially takes over the #1 BP spot on Gold Derby! Yet I hear it’s not a frontrunner and it’s not an oscar movie. How it’s too slight and has no importance. I hope those people keep not taking it seriously so it can enjoy underdog status for the next 3 months! I’m sure they’ll be saying the those same things as they read Lady Bird off the paper in the envelope in the Dolby Theater!

I have one of my Super Bets placed on Greta Gerwig winning Director at the Oscars. I wouldn’t even be that surprised if Lady Bird proves popular enough to pull off clean sweeps at SAG and the Globes, going 3/3 and 4/4 respectively at each of those awards. With the HFPA specifically, her winning Screenplay would be a good apology for her universally criticized Directing snub. 😉

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Bird winning Best Picture is at 0% chance.

Grégory Delisle
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s between 3 billboards and The Shape of Water. Lady bird and Get out are not winning.

kbfr12
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure they’ll be saying the those same things as they read Lady Bird off the paper in the envelope in the Dolby Theater!

To be fair, after last year, we’ll all need about 5 minutes to make sure it actually won.

seberko
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s possible for Lady Bird to be nominated for Editing at the Oscars, especially if the Academy really likes it, but I think it’s slightly more likely to miss out than it is to get that nom. With that being said, I feel like an Editing snub from the Academy won’t destroy it’s Oscar chances like it would with other films with more obvious/showy editing. A snub for Lady Bird wouldn’t necessarily indicate that the film doesn’t have support from the Editors.

What Lady Bird needs is a nom and a win in Comedy from ACE Eddie. If it can win that, then I think that might be enough to show it has support from the Editors, even if it misses an Oscar Editing nom.

Has ACE announced what films are in what category? Because if Get Out is a comedy there, then that will hurt Lady Bird’s chances of winning.

PresidentSnow
    Participant
    Topics:

Francis McDermott should get a best actress nod this year.

BrenoLimaMusic
    Participant
    Topics:

Streep is done. Rose sending her RoseArmy after her for being complicit with Harvey. The streak. Is over. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rose-mcgowan-calls-meryl-streep-actresses-who-plan-wear-black-golden-globes-1068713

Dream on hahaha Rose herself is being exposed as a hypocrite and a lot of people in the reply section are calling her out for being silent about Victor Salva.

She did a Victor Salva film in 2011 after he was convicted for child abuse and said it was none of her business when asked about it.

“I don’t really understand the whole story or history there, and I’d rather not, because… it’s not really my business. He’s an incredibly sweet and gentle man.” – Rose about Victor Salva in 2011 after he was convicted for child abuse.

She is a victim. She is. She was raped. Weinstein is a criminal. But she is pointing fingers at people for being silent when she has done the same defending Salva, a convicted child abuser. Streep is not her enemy. And let’s be honest here, she is making a lot of money of all this fuss. She’s got books to sell you know?

manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Get Out – Picture, Director, Actor, Original Screenplay, Film Editing, Sound Mixing (6)

2. Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri – Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Film Editing, Original Score (8)

3. Lady Bird – Picture, Actress, Supporting Actress, Original Screenplay (4)

4. The Shape of Water – Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Cinematography, Film Editing, Makeup and Hairstyling, Production Design, Original Score, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing (12)

5. Dunkirk – Picture, Director, Cinematography, Film Editing, Production Design, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects (8)

6. The Post – Picture, Actor, Actress, Original Screenplay, Costume Design, Original Score (6)

7. Call Me By Your Name – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actor (Hammer), Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Original Song, Original Song (7)

8. The Florida Project – Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Cinematography (4)

9. Phantom Thread – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Original Screenplay, Costume Design, Score (6)

Oldman/McDormand/Dafoe/Metcalfe and Ivory/McDonagh out in front imo.

H. H.
    Participant
    Topics:

Oldman should be done as well. The story is older but he was accused of beating his third wife.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/07/gary-oldman-alleged-spousal-abuse-mel-gibson/

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Get Out – Picture, Director, Actor, Original Screenplay, Film Editing, Sound Mixing (6)

2. Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri – Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Film Editing, Original Score (8)

3. Lady Bird – Picture, Actress, Supporting Actress, Original Screenplay (4)

4. The Shape of Water – Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Cinematography, Film Editing, Makeup and Hairstyling, Production Design, Original Score, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing (12)

5. Dunkirk – Picture, Director, Cinematography, Film Editing, Production Design, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects (8)

6. The Post – Picture, Actor, Actress, Original Screenplay, Costume Design, Original Score (6)

7. Call Me By Your Name – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actor (Hammer), Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Original Song, Original Song (7)

8. The Florida Project – Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Cinematography (4)

9. Phantom Thread – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Original Screenplay, Costume Design, Score (6)

Oldman/McDormand/Dafoe/Metcalfe and Ivory/McDonagh out in front imo.

According to what you are saying, Baker will get a director nomination over Gerwig, Spielberg, Peele, and Guadignino. I highly doubt that.

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that I think about it, I can totally see

Star Wars: The Last Jedi getting in for the same categories Force Awakens got in. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Score, Visual Effects, and Editing.

Blade Runner 2049 can get in for Cinematography, Production Design, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, and Visual Effects.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

According to what you are saying, Baker will get a director nomination over Gerwig, Spielberg, Peele, and Guadignino. I highly doubt that.

If there’s a surprise director nominee, it’s going to be Baker.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 536 total)

The topic ‘2018 Oscar Nominee Predictions: Part 8’ is closed to new replies.