Home Forums Movies 2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 136 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Bee
Andrew D
  • cinephile_
    Participant
    Topics:

Predictions for SAG ensemble nominations are always difficult to predict because more than any other award, the SAG nominations are a product of actor popularity within the industry. With that in mind, old hats like: Gary Oldman, Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Daniel Day Lewis, Sally Hawkins, William Dafoe, Kenneth Branagh, Mark Rylance without a doubt provide a major boast to their respective film’s prospective SAG ensemble nominations.

Moreover, there are actors whom are fairly established and well liked within the industry who have yet to be “recognised”. Actors like: Michael Stuhlberg, Armie Hammer, Allison Jannery, Laurie Metcalfe, Frances McDormand.

Thus, the competition to seize a SAG ensemble nomination becomes a fine,delicate balancing act between rewarding, underappreacitated well-liked actors and satiating the urge to nominate industry pillars.

Who will be nominated:
    – Three Billboards Outside Missouri
    – Call Me By Your Name
    – The Shape of Water
    – Lady Bird/The Darkest Hour
    – Mudbound/The Post ( depends on how the post is received)

Who should win:
    Call Me By Your Name

Who will win:
    Three Billboards Outside Missouri

AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

Christ. How many threads/posts relating to CALL ME BY YOUR NAME are we gonna get this year?

Judging by the overzealous fanbase behind it, it really is the Carol / Boyhood of 2017.

As much as i loved the film…..the one thing critics groups (and the films crazy fanbase) shouldn’t do is oversell / overhype it and shove it down people’s throats. As in sweeping Best Picture critics awards left, right and centre.

NYFCC better keep their hands off it.

That’s going to be its downfall. And turn voters off. As was the case with CAROL / Boyhood.

I love the film. And i actually want to see it get a fair chance with Oscar voters.

So for the love of God, can the film please fly under the radar?????

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

Christ. How many threads/posts relating to CALL ME BY YOUR NAME are we gonna get this year?

There’s literally only one: http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/call-me-by-your-name-thread/

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I root for the film too but the overzealous fans are gonna get annoying acting like it’s this untouchable, undeniable force in the race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I root for the film too but the overzealous fans are gonna get annoying acting like it’s this untouchable, undeniable force in the race.

Even though I loved CMBYN and I’d be pissed if this happened I would laugh so hard if CMBYN got Carol’d

ReplyCopy URL
    cinephile_
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow it’s great to see that you’ve stereotyped people who appreciated cmbyn as “overzealous fans”. This forum is simply discuss 2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions. I’ve stated my option. Next.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

I think possible nominations could be

Lady Bird
    The Shape of water

IF it gets out ( The Post )

possible – but they dont seem to have a crazy well known cast
    CMBYN
    Dunkirk
    Mudbound
    Darkest hour

weird ones that might be possible
    Murder on the Orient Express.. that cast
    Wonder Woman
    Battle of the Sexes
    The Big Sick
    The Beguiled

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

I think possible nominations could be

Lady Bird
    The Shape of water

IF it gets out ( The Post )

possible – but they dont seem to have a crazy well known cast
    CMBYN
    Dunkirk
    Mudbound
    Darkest hour

weird ones that might be possible
    Murder on the Orient Express.. that cast
    Wonder Woman
    Battle of the Sexes
    The Big Sick
    The Beguiled

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ruby Sparks
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the nominees will be:

THE BIG SICK
    GET OUT
    MUDBOUND
    THE SHAPE OF WATER
    THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI

And on the cusp:
    Dunkirk
    The Florida Project
    Murder on the Orient Express
    Detroit
    Lady Bird

TBH I don’t see CMBYN getting in for Ensemble.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t victimize yourself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

Bringing the topic back on track, I’m predicting:

* THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Diahann Carroll, Skylar Dunn, Zac Efron, Rebecca Ferguson, Hugh Jackman, Austyn Johnson, Fredric Lehne, Ellis Rubin, Cameron Seely, Keala Settle, Paul Sparks, Michelle Williams, Zendaya)

* MUDBOUND (Jonathan Banks, Mary J. Blige, Jason Clarke, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Garrett Hedlund, Claudio Laniado, Jason Mitchell, Rob Morgan, Carey Mulligan)

* MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (Tom Bateman, Lucy Boynton, Kenneth Branagh, Olivia Colman, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Derek Jacobi, Marwan Kenzari, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, Sergei Polunin, Miranda Raison, Daisy Ridley)

* THE POST (Alison Brie, Carrie Coon, David Cross, Bruce Greenwood, Tom Hanks, Tracy Letts, Jessie Mueller, Bob Odenkirk, Sarah Paulson, Jesse Plemons, Matthew Rhys, Stark Sands, Meryl Streep, Michael Stuhlbarg, Bradley Whitford, Zach Woods)

* THE SHAPE OF WATER (Sally Hawkins, David Hewlett, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones, Nick Searcy, Michael Shannon, Lauren Lee Smith, Octavia Spencer, Michael Stuhlbarg)

Next in line:

* THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI (Abbie Cornish, Peter Dinklage, Woody Harrelson, John Hawkes, Lucas Hedges, Caleb Landry Jones, Frances McDormand, Kathryn Newton, Sam Rockwell)

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Mudbound has won multiple ensemble awards already somehow and SAG loves Netflix.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

Bringing the topic back on track, I’m predicting:

* THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Diahann Carroll, Skylar Dunn, Zac Efron, Rebecca Ferguson, Hugh Jackman, Austyn Johnson, Fredric Lehne, Ellis Rubin, Cameron Seely, Keala Settle, Paul Sparks, Michelle Williams, Zendaya)

* MUDBOUND (Jonathan Banks, Mary J. Blige, Jason Clarke, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Garrett Hedlund, Claudio Laniado, Jason Mitchell, Rob Morgan, Carey Mulligan)

* MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (Tom Bateman, Lucy Boynton, Kenneth Branagh, Olivia Colman, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Derek Jacobi, Marwan Kenzari, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, Sergei Polunin, Miranda Raison, Daisy Ridley)

* THE POST (Alison Brie, Carrie Coon, David Cross, Bruce Greenwood, Tom Hanks, Tracy Letts, Jessie Mueller, Bob Odenkirk, Sarah Paulson, Jesse Plemons, Matthew Rhys, Stark Sands, Meryl Streep, Michael Stuhlbarg, Bradley Whitford, Zach Woods)

* THE SHAPE OF WATER (Sally Hawkins, David Hewlett, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones, Nick Searcy, Michael Shannon, Lauren Lee Smith, Octavia Spencer, Michael Stuhlbarg)

Next in line:

* THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI (Abbie Cornish, Peter Dinklage, Woody Harrelson, John Hawkes, Lucas Hedges, Caleb Landry Jones, Frances McDormand, Kathryn Newton, Sam Rockwell)

i think this is correct minus Showman and plus 3 billboards

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

-Mudbound
    -Three Billboards
    -Orient Express (it just needs to be a semi hit. Even Bobby and Nine were nominees).
    -The Shape of Water
    -Lady Bird

Others:
    -Call Me By Your Name (already hating this film and Chalamet)
    -The Florida Project
    -The Post (definitely doesn’t seem like it’ll be out in time)
    -The Big Sick
    -Dunkirk (depending on how it does with precursors, it barely has one and a half name that could make these people vote for it, Branagh and Rylance)
    -Get Out (I’m not in the BP camp for this, but things like Hairspray, Hustle and Flow, 310 to Yuma got nominated. Why not this?)

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I’m liking Dunkirk, Mudbound, The Post, The Shape of Water and Three Billboards.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 136 total)
Reply To: 2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.