Home Forums Movies 2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley (the no..
Bee
Andrew D
  • Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I have

CMBYN
    3B
    Mudbound
    The Post
    Lady Bird

Covers Race/LGBT/Female/Freedom of Speech/Police. Just like a woke SJW would vote for as well as getting all the NBR/LAFCC/NYFCC BP winners in.

Same Logic why Shape of Water can get snubbed can be applied for Get Out imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t even realize that I Tonya was so late. Neon seemed so on the ball during festival season. Robbie is in danger, girl! And that further locks in Metcalf.

And man, the backlash against Three Billboards is so intense I am tempted to just throw it out. Especially because of what the backlash is about.

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah the backlash keeps growing. By January I’m sure it’ll reach its full backlash potential and that’ll really hurt the film.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

usually sag looks for big names in casts so i’ll be interested to see if call me by your name and get out make it into the 5 slots. The category is incredible competitive no doubt there are going to be surprises and big snubs.

If call me by your name or get out don’t get the sag ensemble nom does that diminish their chances of winning bp?

ReplyCopy URL
    Ash NYC
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve heard some polarized reception of Three Billboards as well. Some just hated it.

Had no plan to see it but now sort of intrigued.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Murder on the Orient Express could make a surprise appearance in Ensemble?

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I have

CMBYN
    3B
    Mudbound
    The Post
    Lady Bird

Covers Race/LGBT/Female/Freedom of Speech/Police. Just like a woke SJW would vote for as well as getting all the NBR/LAFCC/NYFCC BP winners in.

Same Logic why Shape of Water can get snubbed can be applied for Get Out imo.

If the nominate these movies only to appease the SJWs, then I want to give up on awards shows. Nominate the best ensembles for fuck’s sake, not the ensembles that will appease the SJWs the most!! What has this world come to?

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Paul Rankin
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Murder on the Orient Express could make a surprise appearance in Ensemble?

Funny you mention that. I just swapped out ‘Murder’ for ‘Mudbound’ the other day. However, I wouldn’t be surprised to see ‘Murder’ sneak in. Us British Columbia boys think alike. LOL!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Paul Rankin.

First Place- 2018 DGA Awards
    First Place- 2015 DGA Awards
    First Place- 2015 Razzie Award Nominations
    First Place- 2015 Academy Of Country Music Awards

ReplyCopy URL

If call me by your name or get out don’t get the sag ensemble nom does that diminish their chances of winning bp?

Whatever misses SAG ensemble is done.

Call Me By Your Name (likely to have the highest number of individual acting nominations, so an Ensemble nod is a no-brainer)

It is only competitive in two acting categories, which many films are, so you think that it is “likely” to be double-nominated in supporting actor? It has been ten years since that has happened! It is not like there have not been films with multiple strong supporting actors.

5. The Florida Project. Because I honestly think it’ll get in before either The Shape of Water or Lady Bird.

What about 3B though?

I, Tonya is going to be the Captain Fantastic of this year, an indie comedy film that seems a bit of a far fetch for a nomination, but can get in with a nomination in other categories.

Captain Fantastic fits the bill better: veteran with a bunch of kids. I, Tonya seems more like Dallas Buyers Club: possible lead/supporting/makeup winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I literally just switched out The Shape of Water for Murder. I’m still predicting Sally Hawkins in 5th place.

Bobby, The Butler, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and Hairspray all got shut out at the Oscars yet were still nominated for SAG Ensemble, in the cases of the former 2 due to their large casts of name actors. Trumbo, Captain Fantastic, Straight Outta Compton, all movies from within the past couple years that received barely any recognition from the Oscars that still were nominated for Ensemble. Murder’s cast feels too stacked with actors everyone knows, loves, or has even worked with, to deny a nomination at the very least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Whatever misses SAG ensemble is done.

Why? Because the Oscar voters only consider SAG ensemble nominated films? If a film misses it then it’s dead to them? Flawed reasoning. This “statistic” is just coincidental. You can’t say that a film is done or dead because it misses one nomination.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Macca.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Borja Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

The Florida Project is very likely to snatch a nod in Best Ensemble. It can be the Captain Fantastic of this year. They both have respected actors (Viggo Mortensen and Willem Dafoe) and kids around the movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

If the nominate these movies only to appease the SJWs, then I want to give up on awards shows. Nominate the best ensembles for fuck’s sake, not the ensembles that will appease the SJWs the most!! What has this world come to?

Well the nominees haven’t been announced yet, so the world hasn’t come to anything. Chill.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

From what I’m hearing, Fox isn’t running much of an awards season campaign at all for Murder on the Orient Express.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

What about 3B though?

Nope. I don’t see it get nominated here at all – the competition is just too strong this year. And I’m not even taking into account the backlash its getting, I honestly feel like SAG will go to Lady Bird, SOW and after reading this thread, even something like The Big Sick or Murder on the Orient Express before it goes to 3B.

Remember how Hell or High Water missed here last year? That’s how I see 3B being this year.

What do you think of the Florida Project Riley? I have a hunch it will get in, but I know it’s a longshot. I am thinking putting MOTOE in, but what do I take out?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.