Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 4)

2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 533 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
willd
MarinaBelo2
Luca Giliberti
  • Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

this is awesome. Emily Blunt….. Yes. May it happen. What I want to happen Lady Gaga, ASIB Emily Blunt, MPR Yalitza Aparicio, Roma Amandla, The hate u give. Nicole Kidman, Destroyer What seems bound to happen at this point Gaga, Close, Colman, Davis and Aparicio…… So predictable and boring with uninspired soft choices.

I actually prefer the second line-up to the first.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

this is awesome. Emily Blunt….. Yes. May it happen. What I want to happen Lady Gaga, ASIB Emily Blunt, MPR Yalitza Aparicio, Roma Amandla, The hate u give. Nicole Kidman, Destroyer What seems bound to happen at this point Gaga, Close, Colman, Davis and Aparicio…… So predictable and boring with uninspired soft choices.

I just can’t anymore. You’re calling choices predictable, boring and uninspired that you haven’t even seen yet. Or have you seen The Favourite, Widows and Roma? And why exactly are they uninspired? I’d really like to know that.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m now convinced Lil Tony is a bot created by someone at Warner Bros. No human with blood pumping in their veins could go around calling Lady Gaga’s main threats predictable, boring and uninspired in such predictable, boring and uninspired ways, nor at such tedious regularity.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Right. Nicole Kidman is intelligent in her choices and I appreciate the fact that she has not been overnominated. She usually gets in when it is deserved. This year is a challenge for her, let’s wait and see

Edit: Don’t like my own posts. Kind of difficult to use this on the phone

The problem with her nomination record at the Academy is their aversion to her R rated movies. All four nods were PG-13s.

M Bocioaca
    Participant
    Topics:

The problem with her nomination record at the Academy is their aversion to her R rated movies. All four nods were PG-13s.

Preach. She is at her best when playing sexually awoken people, for some reason. Or unconventional characters anyway.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  M Bocioaca.
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

ur right my bad, I confused her with that other blonde girl on the DOA movie, mother!

Michelle Pfeiffer was denied all season for mediocrity.

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

this is awesome. Emily Blunt….. Yes. May it happen.

What I want to happen

Lady Gaga, ASIB

Emily Blunt, MPR

Yalitza Aparicio, Roma

Amandla, The hate u give.

Nicole Kidman, Destroyer

What seems bound to happen at this point

Gaga, Close, Colman, Davis and Aparicio…… So predictable and boring with uninspired soft choices.

lol, they may be predictable because those are clear frontrunners who deserve to win.

calm down, I loved Gaga in the film and I’m rooting for her. But Colman would be a fresh air to win. Close is a knock-out in her picture and an outstanding actress, Davis is always great and bound to steal this predicted-very-popular film and Aparicio is a first-time-on-screen foreigner who plays in an art-house netflix film. How are those uninspired?

Gaga alongside them would make a killer line-up. And a very deserving one. You don’t need to drag these other talented contenders down to root for the fave (even though people here drag Gaga unfairly for anything she does).

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m now convinced Lil Tony is a bot created by someone at Warner Bros. No human with blood pumping in their veins could go around calling Lady Gaga’s main threats predictable, boring and uninspired in such predictable, boring and uninspired ways, nor at such tedious regularity.

Who was the user who basically made Meryl Streep seem like a cult a few years back? Each one of his/her posts was about how lesser the competition always was and how Meryl was the only deserving actress in the world. We have a similar situation with this Tony person. Anyhow… by the time the ceremony ends Gaga will have only one Oscar, and she will remain seated when Best actress is given.

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg, the one that would make all his post in yellow? What a legend. I low-key miss him.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg, the one that would make all his post in yellow? What a legend. I low-key miss him.

The infamous Etchie. I remember someone describing his yellow-highlighted posts as resembling a splattered bumble-bee across the computer screen. Did he get banned or something?

M Bocioaca
    Participant
    Topics:

Who was the user who basically made Meryl Streep seem like a cult a few years back? Each one of his/her posts was about how lesser the competition always was and how Meryl was the only deserving actress in the world.

It wasn’t me, but it sounds like something I would do.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Melissa McCarthy is a lock for a nomination. I guess the one who can be left without a chair is Close? But dont really see my top 5 changing.

nicholas27
    Participant
    Topics:

Melissa McCarthy is a lock for a nomination. I guess the one who can be left without a chair is Close? But dont really see my top 5 changing.

it comes off as delusional to call McCarthy a lock at this point when she very clearly is not. you can believe that she will get nominated but it doesn’t make any sense to call her a lock when there are plenty of other women with much buzzier movies and performances.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Melissa McCarthy would have been a lock for a nomination if the movie turned out to be a box office hit but truth is it’s kinda flop. No it’s actually box office flop. But she’ll be fighting hard for that fifth slot.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Blood of Judas. LMAO @me being a bot. Lolllll

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.