Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 6)

2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 503 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
FreemanGriffin
willd
  • unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

Yalitza Aparicio needs to get nominated at the Critic’s Choice (which I think could happen) in order for her to get buzz and hopefully get nominated at the Oscars. SAG and BAFTA will not likely nominate her.

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Aparcio will get nominated for SAG (is she even eligible?) or the BFCA awards. I still would hold on to the POSSIBILITY that she might get a shock nomination. One of those really unexpected ones depending on how deeply the Actor’s Branch feels about Roma and how compelled enough members feel about the need to recognize her individually for the success of that film and how they don’t feel as compelled to nominate her numerous competitors. Ever since 2012 with the surprise Beasts of the Southern Wild nominations (showing some rare good taste even though it’d been better if Dwight Henry was nominated as well), I think a lot of things are possible even with lack of precursors. Also, with the fact that trends have been breaking in the past few years regarding Oscar.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Davis is soooo out of the race. I told you so for months!

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Good riddance to Viola and her TV movie

Jazzy
    Participant
    Topics:

Will any of these women get all 4 precursor nominations? I’m not sure.

• Maybe Gaga I suppose. Blunt too, since Mary Poppins could get a SAG ensemble nomination. Maybe Kidman might also?
    • McCarthy will get a SAG nomination, as she’s popular with American audiences and SAG is an American guild. BAFTA however? I don’t think so.
    • For some reason I’m not sure about Close getting a SAG nod. It seems like they’ll choose someone from a more popular film instead.
    • I can’t picture Aparicio being nodded at SAG. Being the film’s sole nomination? I can’t see it happening.
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Close, Gaga, Colman, Blunt, Collette, Kidman and McCarthy.

7 girls for 5 slots.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Davis is soooo out of the race. I told you so for months!

SAG loves her.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG loves her.

She’s not getting in with SAG only, unless she wins the award. And that’s not happening this time.

M Bocioaca
    Participant
    Topics:

Blunt and Kidman, to a lesser extent, are really strong (talking about chances of winning not quality) nominees if they get in. I can see one of them actually being a potential spoiler for the frontrunner trio.

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

Will any of these women get all 4 precursor nominations? I’m not sure.

• For some reason I’m not sure about Close getting a SAG nod. It seems like they’ll choose someone from a more popular film instead.

Maybe, but Close is a 7-time SAG nominee with five of the times happening in the past 14 years (though the last time was seven years ago). I mean it can still happen, just like her being snubbed at the Globes could have happened, but looking at the track record, I think like HFPA, SAG knows who Close is and hadn’t been hesitant to nominate her numerous times before and will more likely than not nominate her. Of course, with how competitive this category is, a snub can happen as well.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

So….. How about LAFCA?

I still think Aparicio is gonna take that home.

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

So….. How about LAFCA? I still think Aparicio is gonna take that home.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Joanna Kulig or maybe something even more left field and say Helena Howard.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn Close will not be snubbed for a nod this season. The struggle for her is securing a televised win and my only hope is SAG and possibly Independent Spirit.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I do. That’s why i don’t give a damn about your Polls. Because they’re FAKE HONEY!!! Thanks for your attention!!! 😜👌🙏

oh girl. I love you already cos you seem nice. I hope you’ll always remember us this way.

Now teach me how to use a smiley

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn Close will not be snubbed for a nod this season. The struggle for her is securing a televised win and my only hope is SAG and possibly Independent Spirit.

when is SAG nominations coming up?

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.