Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 6)

2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
FreemanGriffin
willd
  • Milo Kunis
    Participant
    Topics:

Chicago Film Critics nominations

Glenn OUT and Olivia Colman moved to SUPPORTING.

Not mad about that.

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Close is slowly dying… I am not happy about it.

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Close is slowly dying… I am not happy about it.

Calm down, how exactly is she dying? She just got a GG nomination yesterday.
    One critics circle snub isn’t going to hurt her. Hell, it doesn’t matter even if the critics ignore her completely, as long as she wins at SAG. Which she will.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Calm Down you guys. She missed Chicago, LA Online and Detroit. So what??? If she was ‘dying’ like some say in here, yesterday she would have been snubbed at the Globes. Wich…she wasn’t. These critics groups don’t affect the race that much. Brie Larson, for example, didn’t reign that much with critics. Saoirse Ronan and Charlotte Rampling performed much better. Sandra Bullock was also shut out from almost every single critics awards and yet she reigned supreme at the televised award shows. Emma Stone wasn’t also that much of a big deal with them. So what she’s missing some critics groups. She’s still one of the favourites. I still think she will be nominated (and possibly win) at SAG and Oscars. Carol, The Florida Project and Gone Girl (for example) are movies that were hugely LOVED by the critics awards and what happen in the end ??? The movies were completely dismissed by the Academy. Critics can create some tendencies but they affect little the outcome of the Oscar race. I say right now Ethan Hawke, Toni Collette, Regina Hall and Elsie Fisher are the ones that are benefiting the most from the critics. Gaga is also doing better than expected. But hold your horses the race is just beginning we still have a very long road ahead of us.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Chicago Film Critics nominations

Glenn OUT and Olivia Colman moved to SUPPORTING.

BEST ACTRESS:
    Yalitza Aparicio, Roma
    Toni Collette, Hereditary
    Lady Gaga, A Star is Born
    Regina Hall, Support the Girls
    Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Very disappointed in their lineup. They gave Bates her first critic’s win for Misery and nominated her for damn near everything which explains the inclusion of McCarthy. Fat and Irish is their thing.

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

Very disappointed in their lineup. They gave Bates her first critic’s win for Misery and nominated her for damn near everything which explains the inclusion of McCarthy. Fat and Irish is their thing.

Whoa! Now that’s a hot take.

O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Um…delete

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

WHAT THE F*CK

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I actually checked this morning! The Grand Budapest Hotel as well! I guess Widows, Crazy Rich Asians, Black Panther, Vice, and The Favourite seems like a plausible lineup, right?

possibly. Widows and The Favourite seem like the front-runners at this point. As for Grabs Budapest Hotel, are you sure Ralph Fiennes didn’t make it there?

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Chicago Film Critics nominations Glenn OUT and Olivia Colman moved to SUPPORTING. BEST ACTRESS: Yalitza Aparicio, Roma Toni Collette, Hereditary Lady Gaga, A Star is Born Regina Hall, Support the Girls Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

they did the right thing. I see no reason why a supporting performer should be a front-runner in lead. As far Glenn Close, I’m waiting till morning comes

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

Jazzy
    Participant
    Topics:

Chicago Film Critics nominations Glenn OUT and Olivia Colman moved to SUPPORTING. BEST ACTRESS: Yalitza Aparicio, Roma Toni Collette, Hereditary Lady Gaga, A Star is Born Regina Hall, Support the Girls Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Not that this marginal critics group matters in the grand scheme of things, but this Regina nonsense is so ridiculous! Leaving out Glenn, Nicole, Rosamund, Keira and various others just to add her in. Give me a break!

Good to see that Colman is in supporting. Some people have made the case that the leads are Weisz/Stone NOT Colman.

By the way, that Luca person on here was going around for days saying that Davis should be nominated, when he hadn’t even seen Widows until yesterday. Absurd.

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Calm down, how exactly is she dying? She just got a GG nomination yesterday. One critics circle snub isn’t going to hurt her. Hell, it doesn’t matter even if the critics ignore her completely, as long as she wins at SAG. Which she will.

I don’t know… A month ago I thought Close would be a undeniable juggernaut by now, even before the nominations announcement by GG and SAG.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Two reasons for Close’s woes: her movie opened too early, and the movie itself isn’t very good. There is a reason she is the only potential nominee. I personally prefer performances that are full, rich, nuanced, varied – not just one great scene at the end of the movie.

I will be seeing Yalitza Aparicio in Roma this afternoon and will have an actual opinion about it afterwards!

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know… A month ago I thought Close would be a undeniable juggernaut by now, even before the nominations announcement by GG and SAG.

Well, it seems she is not such a juggernaut. Because honestly I doubt she wins at GG too.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

By the way, that Luca person on here was going around for days saying that Davis should be nominated, when he hadn’t even seen Widows until yesterday. Absurd.

Not more absurd than other users posting about fictional polls, overhyping Twitter posts for certain singer likely to be nominated, users trashing Close in toxic ways or people predicting Blunt even before the movie premieres.

In my case, I want Nicole to be nominated. Have I seen her performance? No. What’s wrong with being excited about a specific performer when you are not trashing others? Luca is Viola’s fan, but he does it in a respectful way. If you haven’t gotten that this thread is 30% predictions and 70% personal opinions/wishlists, you are just not paying attention.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  wattsgold.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2019 Best Actress Oscar Discussion (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.