Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2019 Best Actress Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 545 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Jazzy
SHT L
  • Farix
    Participant
    Topics:

and she earned it. Hard work pays. I never knew she’d be up for consideration when I first heard of the project.. I was even scared for her but here we are

She sure did. Same here gurl, I was scared about the project as it was kinda risky for her but she never fails to exceed expectations! What a queen.

Norman F— Rockwell for AOTY

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

How many people does one have to ignore per day to actually read posts about the acting race?

This thread has jumped the biggest shark in the history of sharks.

daniel18dg26
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol why is Madonna being brought up? She’s never won an Oscar, something she’s desperately  wanted for so long.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  daniel18dg26.
    Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

Austin, Boston Online, Indiewire Critics Poll, International Cinephile Society (made up of 100 members including notable critics). Seven of his 18 awards pre-Globes was for Breakthrough, so that leaves eleven Best Actor wins pre-Globes or around the time of the Globes.

Well, that’s kinda explainable.
    – Austin Film Critics winners were announced after GG took place,
    – Goldderby doesn’t count Boston Online Critics as major critics circle (for some reason)-or at least they didn’t last year.  The same way they didn’t count Black Film Critics Circle, for example. Those were announced pre-GG and gave BA to Oldman, but it’s also not on Scorecard.
    -Indiewire Critics Poll – since it’s online poll among critics of single movie website it’s not a part of major critics circle awards. It’s more like “Best movies/Performances of the Year” lists made by Variety or Hollywood Reporter, as I understand.
    -International Cinephile Society – International awards don’t make the cut to such GD Scorecards, otherwise you have to count a lot of different awards, such as AACTA International Awards, for example (these ones are announced pre-GG).

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

How many people does one have to ignore per day to actually read posts about the acting race? This thread has jumped the biggest shark in the history of sharks.

and where do you think you’re going with this your holier than thou attitude? Please don’t forget to ignore yourself tomorrow cos you might have exhausted the ignorables (no better word) before then

Imagine A World Without Movies

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Eduardo Setsuo Sato
    Participant
    Topics:

Well he/she is definitely not the only one. I loved Collette and i’m praying that she gets in at the Oscars. But there’s something we Hereditary/Collette fans have to understand and that is Hereditary suffers from the same problem The Wich did. Both are critically acclaimed but both also failed to receive approval from audiences. For me Hereditary is the SECOND BEST MOVIE of the year, just behind A Quiet Place. And yes i watched ASIB. Both Collette and Close, for me, gave the best performances I’ve seen so far this year. But i also haven’t watched that many movies that are on the Oscars radar. But nonetheless everybody is entitled to have their own opinion on who’s better than who and we have to respect it.

Well, I partially agree with you. The approval from audiences was a controversial subject: ‘Hereditary’ is A24’s Highest-Grossing Pic Worldwide, but got a D+ from cinemascore.

https://variety.com/2018/film/columns/how-did-hereditary-get-a-d-plus-from-cinemascore-1202839120/

From the main contenders, I still have to watch Olivia Colman, Melissa McCarthy, Emily Blunt and Yalitza Aparicio. But, imho, Toni Collette had a more difficult and demanding role than Gaga and Close. And she kicked ass. I’m still hopeful since she’s gotten so far more precursors than The Sixth Sense era.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

If you’ve seen A Star Is Born 4 times, you would know she uses her head voice in the film.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I´m curious to know what made you watch a film on which you dislike the leading actress FOUR TIMES

Case solved.

Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

Added Aparicio after seeing Roma this weekend. Took out Blunt, even though I predicted her SAG nomination but that was based on 2 years ago. Speaking of which, remember when Ruth Negga missed SAG and became “Flop Negga”?

Whoop diddy scoop!

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t stand talking about Lady Hype anymore. Please, next topic…

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

This is just my opinion, no reaston to jump all over me, but the reason that Hereditary has a D+ cinemascore is because it’s a terrible movie, and Collette isn’t good in it. Critics have it wrong, way wrong, on this one. Fortunately it is highly unlikely she will be nominated for an Oscar for it.

On Wednesday I will see Emily Blunt in Mary Poppins Returns. Then all that is really left for me to see is Destroyer next week, to see if Nicole Kidman is as good as I have been reading on here.

Anonymous
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 545 total)

The topic ‘2019 Best Actress Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.