Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 579 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wattsgold
Luca Giliberti
willd
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Come on, Stone isn’t beating Colman.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

With the buzz, do you guys think Viola could make history at the BAFTA’s?

ReplyCopy URL
    Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:

Since ASIB wants to be taken seriously

Lady Gaga’s whole existence is based on the “take me seriously!” notion. Has she called ASIB the best movie of the decade yet?

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>With the buzz, do you guys think Viola could make history at the BAFTA’s?</p>

I doubt it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

What buzz?

No.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

If this were BAFTA in the 70’s or 80’s and if she didn’t already win Supporting there, they could have given her a make-up award in the year she didn’t win a Leading Oscar as they did with Glenda Jackson, Meryl Streep, and Jane Fonda (twice!)

But this is now, and if BAFTAs were still a voting body separate from Academy politics, I could see it. But while they were autonomous and leaned towards British actresses in the past, they’re really just Oscar precursors now. If the Oscars have no incentive to award Viola outside of the performance considering the fact that she recently won one, why would BAFTA?

While the fact that a black actress has never won a leading BAFTA will serve someone in the near future, Viola already won there for Fences so it’s just not gonna happen, I’m sure BAFTA will go crazy for Colman though.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Davis only can win the Oscar if sag and bafta reward her which could happen. The baftas love their own and Steve McQueen being British based the movie on a british tv show so it’s down to her, Olivia Colman, and close.
    Sag probably won’t take to Colman and McCarthy and if they do it’ll be vote splitting. I don’t see the sag voters rewarding gaga. Remember these are actors who have worked hard for years just to get a sag card I don’t see them taking to a pop star in her first movie. They love viola like crazy but right now it’s close that will probably win and if she doesn’t it’s because her buzz has died and widows does really good at box office.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bunni 33
    Participant
    Topics:

What buzz?

No.

your kidding right????

Even if she doesn’t win she’s a lock nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Widows has buzz and so does Davis. That doesn’t necessarily guarantee a nomination, but it increases her chances. A lot of people are saying it’s a popcorn movie – it isn’t. Just read the reviews.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga’s whole existence is based on the “take me seriously!” notion. Has she called ASIB the best movie of the decade yet?

Definitely. To be honest, that movie is being overhyped, which will only work to its detriment once more analytical voters see its flaws in pace, logic and that dumbass ending. I think some people feel very confident giving the Oscar to Lady Gaga. On October. Even before the December releases. Groundbreaking. I guess she is stronger than what Cate B ever was with “Blue Jasmine” 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Widows has buzz and so does Davis. That doesn’t necessarily guarantee a nomination, but it increases her chances. A lot of people are saying it’s a popcorn movie – it isn’t. Just read the reviews.

I want to watch that. It could be a great role for Viola. Anything that shows her in a different light, considering how passive her other nominated roles were.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely. To be honest, that movie is being overhyped, which will only work to its detriment once more analytical voters see its flaws in pace, logic and that dumbass ending. I think some people feel very confident giving the Oscar to Lady Gaga. On October. Even before the December releases. Groundbreaking. I guess she is stronger than what Cate B ever was with “Blue Jasmine” 😉

Everything Lady Gaga does is overrated by media outlets and her fanbase. Of course they’ll try to make her a frontrunner. She’ll lose anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Sandra Bullock could sneak into the race with Bird Box ( Now premiering at AFI)?

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

This. The movie is good and both Gaga and Bradley gave worthy performances but the amount of overhyping I’ve seen on this site and in the media is beyond ridiculous

So I guess that ASIB is indeed winning both Best Actor/Actress, Best Director, Best Picture, Best Original Song and many other awards which means that Gaga will win 2 oscars in one night like it’s nothing (not to mention that she’ll obviously sweep every single precursor) and Bradley will win 2-3. And the fact that Gaga fans swear that anyone who doesn’t buy into the hype is a “hater” is even worse. I like Gaga but some of you really need to simmer down at this point

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga being snubbed for an Actress nod is more than plausible after seeing the performance. Also, when he called her ugly in the bathtub the moment was humorous instead of heartbreaking.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 579 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.