Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 579 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wattsgold
Luca
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

You mean internationally acclaimed French goddess Isabelle Huppert in a Paul Verhoeven film for Sony Pictures Classics and not Netflix!

Not quoting to quarrel. I just want this in a t-shirt. Isabelle, oh! how you were robbed!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

<p>I actually changed my mind. If Olivia Colman and Melissa McCarthy both get in there will be vote splitting for sure. And with Nicole Kidman and viola Davis I have a feeling either one of them is gonna shoot to the top competition when their films come out. So right now This is Lady Gaga’s Oscar but I’m still not sold on her winning actress especially with her basically guaranteed song win.</p> <p>1.lady Gaga<br> 2. Viola Davis<br> 3. Olivia Colman<br> 4. Nicole Kidman<br> 5.melissa McCarthy<br> Alt – Saoirse Ronan(starting to get a lot of buzz)</p>

Er why would there be vote splitting between Colman and McCarthy? Very different movies, roles and actor profile.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Why do people say that The Wife would be just a career win for Close? Her reviews are phenomenal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I guess one major issue is that times are different, so I don’t see the Academy falling in love with the character of Mary Poppins to that level. Maybe if Mary has a mental breakdown AND joins a cult midway through movie she might be nominated.
    *EDIT* Nostalgia factor may come and bite me in the ass, voters can be whimsical little creatures.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by wattsgold.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

<p>Why do people say that The Wife would be just a career win for Close? Her reviews are phenomenal. </p>

They simply want their favorite actress to win. Glenn has winning reviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

come on we all know that having the “best reviews” or even the best performance doesn’t always equate with oscar wins

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Every huge contender has winning reviews.

I remember I have seen at least 5 reviews for different 5 actresses mentioning that “this performance is her career best.” They just abused the word ,”best.”

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

She always misses these awards. She’s just way to much. Her only roles worthy of noms are A Quiet Place (which will unfortunaly underperform since it’s a horror movie) and The Devil Wears Prada. Everything else is just too bland.

She was amazing in The Girl on the Train and even got a SAG nom for Best actress. And her work in Edge of Tomorrow got her a Critic’s Choice Awards. Oh and she was nominated for a Golden Globes for The Devil wears Prada, The Young Victoria, Salmon Fishing and the Yemen and Into the Woods.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Sam
    Topics:

I guess one major issue is that times are different, so I don’t see the Academy falling in love with the character of Mary Poppins to that level. Maybe if Mary has a mental breakdown AND joins a cult midway through movie she might be nominated.
    *EDIT* Nostalgia factor may come and bite me in the ass, voters can be whimsical little creatures.

This is the funniest thing I have read, and it’s quite true. I don’t think she will be nominated for this role but then again Meely Streep may attact enough attention to the film. I defiantly could see her winning comedy musical golden globe due to the fact lady Gaga is competing drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

My problem with Aparicio is that people actually have to watch the movie to nominate her. Davis, Close, Colman, Kidman etc. are all actresses that could get in on name alone. And tbh, as much as critics and the industry in general are singing praises for ROMA, calling it one of the best films of all-time, will people watch it? The general audience? Will they sit down to watch a two-hour black and white foreign language movie about 1970s Mexico? I hope they do, but there’s a good chance many will not. And if the movie isn’t widely seen, then I don’t see anyone checking off Aparicio’s name, tbh.

If she wins the Globe (I think a nomination is pretty secure), then it’s a completely different story. She’ll have real difficulties getting in at SAG though. Actors like to vote for actors (duh) and Aparicio isn’t an actress.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 579 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.