Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 579 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wattsgold
Luca Giliberti
Lil Tony
  • distain
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>^agreed. If Kidman wants that nomination, she’ll need to run a Sally Kirkland-level self-campaign, as Annapurna probably won’t have the requisite resources for an effective FYC effort.</p> <p>For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!</p>

Annapurna are already spending money and putting the work in. They’ve been flying out Kidman, Kusama and the writers of Destroyer to any festival that Will have them. They managed to book an AFI festival spot for Destroyer, with Kidman being given a special evening to discuss the film and her career.Sure they will line up a bunch of SAG screenings.

Annapurna dumping some movies that went overbudget does not mean they can’t or won’t adequately campaign the awards horses they they have now. Especially since building Oscar buzz for Kidman is probably the only way they’ll be able to make the money back they paid to buy Destroyer. The idea that they’ll just put the movie out to die is silly. The quality of the trailer and one-sheet are also evidence of a serious intent to campaign.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I was right with 2016 playing out like 1972.

This year could play out like 1995, which would mean the winner is Close. This is a fun year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

WOW at the Destroyer trailer. Nicole is coming so hard and I’m shaking

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

WOW at the Destroyer trailer. Nicole is coming so hard and I’m shaking

I still think Davis is in. Do you?

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Widows just got another 100 score on MC.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    chrisanegron
    Participant
    Topics:

WHEW. I’m putting Kidman in.

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I just did some “research” for you.</p> <p>Below comes the prediction list of OscarNomination2018 from October 21st ,2017.</p> <p>1Sally Hawkins/The Shape of Water<br> 2Frances McDormand/3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri<br> 3Meryl Streep/The Post<br> 4Saoirse Ronan/Lady Bird<br> 5Jessica Chastain/Molly’s Game<br> 6Judi Dench/Victoria and Abdul<br> 7Kate Winslet/Wonder Wheel<br> 8Margot Robbie/I, Tonya</p>

Thanks! Last year the strong ones were already well placed in the race! Interesting… There were no real game-changers. Wonder if there’ll be a Margot Robbie late push in this one.

FYC: Best Actor - Jonathan Pryce for The Two Popes

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I was right with 2016 playing out like 1972.</p> <p>This year could play out like 1995, which would mean the winner is Close. This is a fun year. </p>

Are you comparing Close to Jessica Lange or Susan Sarandon?
    Curious on this correlation… What was the comparison between 2016 and 1972?

FYC: Best Actor - Jonathan Pryce for The Two Popes

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Thanks! Last year the strong ones were already well placed in the race! Interesting… There were no real game-changers. Wonder if there’ll be a Margot Robbie late push in this one.

well Kidman is currently in 8th or so, so maybe her?

ReplyCopy URL
    chrisanegron
    Participant
    Topics:

Also would LOVE if Kathryn Hahn could somehow make it in somewhere. Her performance is so heartbreakingly radiant. I guess she could make it into SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Davis is in. Do you?

Yes I do and nothing will change my mind until the Oscars noms come out. The movie is slaying the critics (I expected a middling 70-75 at best) and her performance is acclaimed as expected. Plus this is Viola Davis we’re talking about, a woman who has conquered acting as a whole and has a considerable clout within the industry. I don’t see why some people are doubting her nomination. The main thing that could have stopped her is the movie receiving lukewarm/bad reviews which is not the case. With a strong box office she will be locked.

Not mention the diversity factor (which should not be used to demean her talent and achievements in any way). That pending nomination will also allow her to make history yet again.

So far I’m saying (in no particular order)

1. Close

2. Colman

3. Kidman

4. Gaga

5. Davis

I honestly don’t see any of them missing out at this point. Between their strong narratives and strong performances, this looks like a perfect lineup. Viola isn’t winning her inevitable Best Actress award with Widows but she will be invited to the ceremony for sure.

I wasn’t sure about Kidman but what I saw in this trailer looks like an all-time best performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yes I do and nothing will change my mind until the Oscars noms come out. The movie is slaying the critics (I expected a middling 70-75 at best) and her performance is acclaimed as expected. Plus this is Viola Davis we’re talking about, a woman who has conquered acting as a whole and has a considerable clout within the industry. I don’t see why some people are doubting her nomination. The main thing that could have stopped her is the movie receiving lukewarm/bad reviews which is not the case. With a strong box office she will be locked.

Not mention the diversity factor (which should not be used to demean her talent and achievements in any way). That pending nomination will also allow her to make history yet again.

So far I’m saying (in no particular order)

1. Close

2. Colman

3. Kidman

4. Gaga

5. Davis

I honestly don’t see any of them missing out at this point. Between their strong narratives and strong performances, this looks like a perfect lineup. Viola isn’t winning her inevitable Best Actress award with Widows but she will be invited to the ceremony for sure.

I wasn’t sure about Kidman but what I saw in this trailer looks like an all-time best performance.

Yeah I agree with all of this. I still think McCarthy is getting in though. I am starting to really have doubts about Close.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Close the hardest but now I also really want Kidman to win her #2. Her performance looks like a tour de force and I honestly don’t see how she could lose with this. Maybe Glenn is gonna have to wait for her Al Pacino/Geraldine Page moment after all

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Seven.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I agree with all of this. I still think McCarthy is getting in though. I am starting to really have doubts about Close.

The problem with Glenn is that her movie is so irrelevant that her overdue narrative may not be able to save her after all. I want her to win but I’d rather see her prevailing with a McDormand type of comeback rather than a forgettable movie no one cares about

Besides, Al Pacino who is objectively one of the biggest acting legends of all time lost 7 times before eventually winning. The same could totally happen to Glenn.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 579 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.