Home Forums Movies 2019 Film Critics Awards Results

2019 Film Critics Awards Results

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 448 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
36 mins ago
replies
views
users
teri
John Berchmans
Tyler [Last N..
  • AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Al Pacino has been nominated for 17 Golden Globes and won 4 times. I find it highly unlikely that he’s gonna be snubbed for an acclaimed performance in one of this year’s frontrunners.

Mhm

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all still take Satellites seriously?

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m usually a fan of the Satellites, as they tend to be *slightly* more eclectic in their tastes than other awards bodies – but this year? Yikes. Some truly terrible decisions. Motherless Brooklyn anywhere? Random performances nominated because they are a name, as opposed to actually considering them in their respective films? Gross.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m usually a fan of the Satellites, as they tend to be *slightly* more eclectic in their tastes than other awards bodies – but this year? Yikes. Some truly terrible decisions. Motherless Brooklyn anywhere? Random performances nominated because they are a name, as opposed to actually considering them in their respective films? Gross.

Spill, babe.

ReplyCopy URL
    fvg627
    Participant
    Topics:
    • A lot of awards shows nominating both Les Miserables and Portrait of a Lady on Fire for International shows how dumb the Oscars situation is.

I haven’t even seen either movie but I love this point. Idk how they should change the system exactly but something needs to change

ReplyCopy URL
    RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/nyfcc/status/1201877404253376518?s=20

the NYFCC winners will be announced tomorrow at 10 AM EST

ReplyCopy URL
    RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/nyfcc/status/1201877404253376518?s=20

the NYFCC winners will be announced tomorrow at 10 AM EST

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all still take Satellites seriously?

I don’t. I just like seeing their nominations because they are usually different and have some out-of-the-box choices.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t even seen either movie but I love this point. Idk how they should change the system exactly but something needs to change

Plain and simple, I think they need to remove the 1 film per country rule, and not have it be up to the country to select the film.

You know how South Korea has never gotten a Best International Film nomination until likely this year? That’s because films like Oldboy were consciously not chosen to be the country’s nomination due to arbitrary reasons. A change to the system would mean that situation can’t happen as easily.

Sometimes, one country just has a great year for cinema and might release multiple award-worthy films. France had that this year.

• This reply was modified 6 days ago by  Cordelia.
    • This reply was modified 6 days ago by  Cordelia.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Pacino will be fine. Satellite isn’t the strongest indicator. It’s also interesting to see Scorsese, De Niro, and the overall picture being snubbed in their respective categories as well. Maybe voters figured that those nominations were locks and they decided to spread the love. Anyway, I have two major questions. The first is why they nominated Taika Waititi in leading actor? He’s 100% supporting. It’s especially weird since they nominated Pitt, Dafoe, and Hopkins in supporting for roles most people agree are actually leads. My second question is how the heck did Joker get a visual effects nomination? I can’t think of a single effect of any note in that entire movie.

The world building is CGI. The city it was filmed in didn’t have as many huge, looming buildings as depicted in the movie. They wanted to build a suffocating feeling and they did it well!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

T’would be an interesting timeline if Adam Sandler gets an Oscar nomination…

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no way he’ll win. Especially not against the likes of Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro, and Adam Driver.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no way he’ll win. Especially not against the likes of Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro, and Adam Driver.

I have so many mixed feelings about Sandler and his Oscar chances.
    Imo he threw away any self respect as an actor in favour of the easy profitable path, with one puke-able film after another. So now he wants to be an actor again? Playing a greedy piece of shit?
    What about Eddie Murphy? Too much profanity in his film? With a stellar cast swept aside for Sandler?
    And yet I don’t dislike Adam. Just his film choices. I don’t doubt he’s great. He showed it before back in the stone age.
    If he and/or his film makes it in, I’m going to find it difficult to root for him.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

I never liked Adam Sandler even when he was a fresh “it” actor. He’s right there with Will Smith in marquee names I avoid unless I really have to watch the film.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I never liked Adam Sandler even when he was a fresh “it” actor. He’s right there with Will Smith in marquee names I avoid unless I really have to watch the film.

I guess it’s between liking deep, body parts giveaway movies, failed Sci-Fi’s, or homophobic, juvenile boys clubs types of films. Great choice n’est ce pas?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.