Home Forums Movies 2019 Oscar Predictions

2019 Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,028 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
12 mins ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
Stegeo
Jays
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Rami Malek wins BA for “Bohemian Rhapsody” while Patrick Stewart gets into BA for the first time with “The Kid Who Could Be King” & “The House With a Clock in Its Walls” gets nominated for Cinematography

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s see if Sunset Boulevard starts actually getting off the ground. If it lands a director and moves into production, the Academy might well wait another year to bestow the Best Actress prize upon Close. If, however, Sunset looks unlikely…

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    KarlVillalobos
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping for Sissy Spacek in Old man and the gun….. She really deserves more than 1 oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    KarlVillalobos
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hoping for Sissy Spacek!

ReplyCopy URL
    Sister mary eunice
    Participant
    Topics:

Natalegend will snatch glenn’s wig next year

ReplyCopy URL
    Sister mary eunice
    Participant
    Topics:

natalegend will snatch glenn’s wig next year

ReplyCopy URL
    Sister mary eunice
    Participant
    Topics:

I am really hoping some oscar love for annihilation and Natalie

Especially for Natalie i cant believe she has 3 nomination she deserves better

ReplyCopy URL
    unown
    Participant
    Topics:

Would love it if Saoirse Ronan wins for Mary Queen of Scots. And if chamalet continues his awesome form a win for him in Beautiful Boy.

Or george mckay gets nominated or wins for his role as Hamlet in Ophelia. He was great in Captain Fantastic.

Oscars 2018 shall be the time for new generation of actors to shine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

The Favourite

Best Picture
    Best Actress (Emma Stone)
    Best Actress (Rachel Weisz)
    Best Supporting Actress (Olivia Colman)
    Best Director (Yorgos Lanthimos)
    Best Original Screenplay (Deborah Davis, Tony McNamara)
    Best Production Design (Fiona Crombie)
    Best Costume Design (Sandy Powell)
    Best Makeup & Hair

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsarerave
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actor: Christian Bale

For what?

ReplyCopy URL
    Alberto Dlano-Cox
    Participant
    Topics:

Now: First thing first, if anyone thinks it’s silly to predict next year’s nominations when this year and awards cycle isn’t over yet, hey! people do it with actual politics, and in most cases as policy. So let’s have some fun.

First is the Amy Adams situation, if her role in Backseat is Supporting, she’s fucking winning it. However, I have the impression that this might fall as a bit of  a category fraud and her role might be more lead. Still.

Second it’s Sony Pictures Classics releasing a new film version of The Seagull, starring Annette Bening as Irina, Saoirse Ronan as Nina and Elisabeth Moss as Masha. If it turns out good and not seen as a by-the-numbers adaptation, we could be seeing two things: Bening getting another best actress nod (back to that in a minute) and Saoirse pulling the rarely seen double coup of a Best Supporting Nod and a Best Actress nod for Mary Queen of Scots. There’s also a shot for Moss, but Masha isn’t as prominent a “supporting role-fitting” role as Masha (one could say Nina is a lead character too, but for the Academy it’s always either or).

And here’s where it gets fun: If SPC manages to get both Glenn Close and Annette Bening nominated, we could have a clash of the unjustly overdue. Throw in a Saoirse on her potential fourth or fith (or if voters fuck it up this year, third) nod and it’s beyond crazy. Hell, if Amy Adams runs as lead actress and gets nominated too… I pity the voters.

Oh, and other potential Best Actress nominees could include Felicity Jones playing Shield of Modern Democracy Ruth Bader Ginsburg in On the Basis of Sex, Emily Blunt in Mary Poppins Returns (I’m even gonna call it now: Comedy Actress GG), and for god’s sake, let’s not underestimate Viola Davis (and the whole cast) of Widows, the return of Steve McQueen (the director, not the actor, though both things happening at the same time would compensate for 2016).

Also not to be underestimated, A Wrinkle in Time, across the board and Ava DuVernay in particular. Woman made the transition from indies to mid-budget to blockbuster the proper way and don’t be surprised if she knocks things out of the park with it.

[Apologizing beforehand if this post get’s repeated in this thread, posting has been very iffy lately so I might do a fuck up]

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actor: Christian Bale

For what?

Adam McKay’s, Backseat. 

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

This thread already makes next year’s actress races feel more insane than this and last years’ were.

The world is really gonna give us Adams, Bening, and Close competing to earn their dues; Kidman and Davis fighting for much deserved second trophies; a Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic; Mary Poppins with Blunt, Streep, and Walters; double Ronan; Foye playing support in a Chazelle biopic of Neil Armstrong; Chastain, Portman, Bates, and Sarandon in the stellar ensemble of Xavier Dolan’s English-language debut; palace intrigue films featuring Ronan, Stone, and Weisz; a BELL JAR adaptation featuring Fanning and Arquette; Witherspoon, Winfrey, and Mbatha-Raw in a WOC-directed fantasy drama; and leading turns from Blanchett, Portman, Mara, Ridley, and Lawrence? All in one calendar year? And there’s still more that I haven’t heard of yet?

How am I supposed to make year-in-advance predictions out of this??

I feel BLESSED and STRESSED already.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Kit Harington might get an Oscar nomination for The Life and Death of John F. Donovan?

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

When will Jessica Chastain win her Oscar? T_T

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,028 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.