Home Forums Movies 2019 Oscar Predictions

2019 Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,090 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
Jays
Stegeo
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

If Incredibles 2 and Wreck it Ralph 2 live up to their hype plus Isle of Dogs could we see an actual race in animated feature next year? (It feels like pretty much every year this is one of the most predictable categories)

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

wreck it ralph 2 should be fun. The pancake scene in the trailer had me dying. WIR
    wir2

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow people are still bitter about Kaluuya.

From Three Billboards stans too lmfao

PerksofBeingaGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

These look like troll noms. Chloe Grace Moretz and Jim Parsons? Sure, Jan.

I don’t see Parsons But I could See Moretz. She has a pretty big year with Cameron Post, The Widow (with Isabelle Huppert), and Suspiria.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

Pinkrose
    Participant
    Topics:

My early 2019 Oscars predictions

– Some past nominees and even winners will be in the eye of the storm because of their behaviour towards some people. First name which came in mind is Michael.

– 2 young actors, someone between 50 and 60 and an actor or actress above 65 will win

– I have in mind red haired people among nominees.

– One of the people who attended this year’s Oscars will die. Maybe a winner.

-Black Panther will be awarded.

– At least two actors playing real life people will have à nod.

– there will have HUGE surprises among nominees!

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

One of the people who attended this year’s Oscars will die. Maybe a winner.

Honey this isn’t 4chan.

TheZeitergeist3
    Participant
    Topics:

I know we really don’t know much about the movie, but what do we think about Gaga’s chances this year? It’s hard to say now but I think she could squeeze into Best Actress. Definitely Best Original song nom. Predicting two noms for her next year.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Saw Hereditary, </span>

Already prepared to do this Oscar nom morning if Picture/Collette/Wolff/Screenplay dont get nominations

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Saw Hereditary, </span>

Already prepared to do this Oscar nom morning if Picture/Collette/Wolff/Screenplay dont get nominations

Obsessed with Eastenders featuring on Gold Derby!

AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I suspect A Star Is Born will prove more a Razzie contender than Oscar hopeful.

COMING SOON to The Awards Connection: The 100 Greatest Oscar-Nominated Performances

TeaCopo
    Participant
    Topics:

I suspect A Star Is Born will prove more a Razzie contender than Oscar hopeful. COMING SOON to The Awards Connection: The 100 Greatest Oscar-Nominated Performances

ASIB is gonna be a surprise

Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actress

• Toni Collette, Hereditary
    • Viola Davis, Widows
    • Kiki Layne, If Beale Street Could Talk
    • Saoirse Ronan, Mary, Queen of Scots
    • Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

The only ones I’d be willing to bet on right now would be Davis, McCarthy, and Ronan. I’m really hoping Collette will get a nod (heard Hereditary was fantastic), and If Beale Street Could Talk is very buzzy, so we’ll see what happens.

k
    Participant
    Topics:

Well according the test screening reports Gaga is fine and the movie itself isn’t anything special but Bradley Cooper and Sam Elliot deliver the goods. Also the music is pretty good so a Best Song nomination is not out of the question. Take all that with a grain of salt though

Anonymous
    Topics:

Well according the test screening reports Gaga is fine and the movie itself isn’t anything special but Bradley Cooper and Sam Elliot deliver the goods. Also the music is pretty good so a Best Song nomination is not out of the question. Take all that with a grain of salt though

Eliot has a limited role, Cooper is boring and not good, the script and direction are poor, the music is pretty good, GaGa comes off as amateurish but it works for the role. She was the MVP acting wise.

k
    Participant
    Topics:

Eliot has a limited role, Cooper is boring and not good, the script and direction are poor, the music is pretty good, GaGa comes off as amateurish but it works for the role. She was the MVP acting wise.

oh you’ve seen it?  Cooper’s performance was praised from the reaction I read but yeah heard the same thing about Gaga, aside from her being the mvp. So a song nomination is all it gets right?

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,090 total)

The topic ‘2019 Oscar Predictions’ is closed to new replies.