Home Forums Movies 2019 Oscar Predictions

2019 Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,090 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
Jays
Thomas Eagan
  • Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

Any chance for Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie? She gives devastatingly realistic performance in Leave No Trace, which is currently 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. And we know how much the Academy loves to nominate young actresses.

She was absolutely incredible. I hope she receives well-deserved awards attention

Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:

Best Documentary is going to be such a competitive category this year! Just watched Three Identical Strangers last night and it was so eye-opening. Not only is the story of the triplets so incredible, but the other aspect of the film really got me thinking (won’t spoil for those who haven’t seen it).

Profile picture
    Spenser Davis
    Topics:

Calling it now: If Olivia Colman goes Supporting for The Favourite, in which case they bump up Rachel Weisz to Lead, Colman will win. It looks like a totally bonkers performance, and while some might call category fraud, if she is onscreen even a moment less than Weisz, that’s the route they will and should take.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Spenser Davis
    Topics:

Judging by the trailer it seems like Olivia will go lead while Rachel and Emma will go supporting

That’s certainly how the trailer spun it, but I can also imagine that (after seeing the actual film) we find that the attention paid to Colman in advertising may not be balanced by the amount of screentime she actually has. I would’ve called Christoph Waltz co-lead in Django and we see how that went.

Seeing the trailer for The Wife, I’ll imagine that any studio promoting a killer, off-the-wall, character-based female performance will do whatever the hell they can to get their ladies into Supporting to avoid competing with the likes of Glenn Close in a total “Reclaiming My Time” tour de force. And Colman’s at the front of that pack. Not saying it’s a definite, but it’s what I would do in their situation.

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

amy still wins

The only reason everyone is currently predicting Amy winning is because of the sheer aura of “overdue” that surrounds her. She very well could win, but if Backseat proves to be weaker than expected, the Academy may look elsewhere.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

The Favourite looks so good. I hope it does well

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

My guess is Stone goes lead and Olivia and Weisz go supporting

Profile picture
    tome6
    Topics:

If Glenn Close gets nominated for best actress in a leading role she wins.

Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

Close’s film has already been reviewed and the reviews were Oscar caliber level.

The thing with Amy Adams is she is playing Lynne Cheney. It is hard to see that as an Oscar caliber role. She seemed pretty low profile while her husband was in office. Maybe the authors know some inside stuff we don’t.

Profile picture
    sitizoner
    Topics:

That’s certainly how the trailer spun it, but I can also imagine that (after seeing the actual film) we find that the attention paid to Colman in advertising may not be balanced by the amount of screentime she actually has.

I’m curious to know why do you think Weisz would be submitted in Lead, because according to the people I know who also have seen the film, Stone was best in show and has a little more screen time than both Weisz and Colman. It’d be wiser to campaign Weisz in Supporting, since we haven’t had two actresses from the same film nominated in Lead since, what, Thelma & Louise?

Profile picture
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Topics:

New trailer for If Beale Street Could Talk is here.

https://youtu.be/k2zvPTGiJj4

Profile picture
    AwardsConnect
    Topics:

Isn’t the word that Adams’ role in Backseat is a fairly modest one?

THE OSCAR 100 (#25-21): Peter Sellers, Orson Welles, Montgomery Clift, Katharine Hepburn and Robert Forster

Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,090 total)

The topic ‘2019 Oscar Predictions’ is closed to new replies.