Home Forums Movies 2020 BAFTA Awards nominations: Reactions

2020 BAFTA Awards nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 300 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
tom92
Riley Chow
  • Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Bafta was never going to nominate Nyong’o in a thousand years for Us while Erivo (one of last year’s rising star nominees) should have been able to get this easily.

Harriet made hardly any money in the UK – after about one week in release it was relegated to late morning showings only as far as I could see – so it’s not surprising Erivo missed here. She’s still very much in play for the Oscars. Brits don’t care about Harriet Tubman lol.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

BAFTA goes from cold war to joker. what a fall from grace. and i liked joker.

Irvin Malcolm Contreras
    Participant
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo is British so her missing BAFTA isn’t a good sign for her Oscar nom.

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

I said ages ago how BAFTA would have no interest in Little Women and a certain member ripped me apart saying “British critics love it”. I am now again correct. I am British and we don’t know that book that well. No one cares for it this side of the Atlantic.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Marriage Story only got 4 nominations (besides casting) whattttttttttttt?????? Little Women only 2 above the line, what happened to the BAFTAs taste

What else was LW supposed to get above the line? It was never gonna get into BP with just five slots, plus no one but Ronan and Pugh were going to get nominated in the acting races.

Harriet made hardly any money in the UK – after about one week in release it was relegated to late morning showings only as far as I could see – so it’s not surprising Erivo missed here. She’s still very much in play for the Oscars. Brits don’t care about Harriet Tubman lol.

Yet they care about Megyn Kelly and Jo March?

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

lol at the people surprised by JOKER’S success at the BAFTA’s. Did you see the box office numbers. It was beloved in the U.K.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  KAZ-2.5.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  KAZ-2.5.
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo is British so her missing BAFTA isn’t a good sign for her Oscar nom.

I mean I’ve been saying this since forever. Ervio was never happening here.

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

I said ages ago she’d miss it. No one here knows who she is. People presume she is American when they see her work.

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s mostly to support Joaquin’s win. The snub of MS in many category is telling…

Stop pretending Driver is happening!

I never said Driver was happening?

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol @ people considering Lopez and Banderas as POC. The reaching…!

Lopez most definitely is PoC. She’s Puerto Rican.

Banderas on the other hand is detable considering Spain’s place in the colonisation of the modern world.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Yet they care about Megyn Kelly and Jo March?

Lol exactly. I said, like weeks ago, that they’d be petty and nominate Jessie Buckley before any of the POC actresses in contention and what do ya know! Erivo is not making it. How anyone doesn’t see that she’s the Hong Chau/John David Washington/classic precursor snub is beyond me. Lupita vs Awkwafina for that spot, unfortunately that’s what it’s come down to.

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

I remember when Emily Blunt didn’t get a BAFTA nomination and that warning was ignored. I’m taking Erivo out of my Oscar predictions pronto.

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita needed BAFTA. She’s not getting nominated at the Oscars.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Lopez most definitely is PoC. She’s Puerto Rican.

Dang it. Now I wonder if she got snubbed was because she was never getting in like i had thought or if they were being racist.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I said ages ago how BAFTA would have no interest in Little Women and a certain member ripped me apart saying “British critics love it”. I am now again correct. I am British and we don’t know that book that well. No one cares for it this side of the Atlantic.

I’m also British and can say that’s not true. Besides, Little Women did well enough, with two acting and screenplay.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘2020 BAFTA Awards nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.