Home Forums Movies 2020 Critics' Choice Awards winners: Reactions

2020 Critics' Choice Awards winners: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 376 through 382 (of 382 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
James Breheney
Steve
Freddy Almonte
  • oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, amazing for Tarantino! That actually makes me hopeful for the Oscars

Tarantino is a weirdo but I guess he deserves his wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really surprised that OUATIH won Screenplay and Picture at CCA to be honest. This Irishman shutout is so pathetic to be honest. Steve Zallian wrote a brilliant script spanning events of decades. Netflix Bias is strong and running and so is Foreign Language’s.

they chose OUTAIH because it won a GG and is the one likely to repeat at the Oscars since 1917 looks like a technical play despite it’s GG win. A real surprise would have been Parasite or The Irishman

Imagine A World Without Movies

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Meanwhile the composer of 1917 is possibly more overdue than anyone else on the face of the planet and he’s still going to lose his 15th oscar. Not that I’m upset, since Joker had a phenomenal score and deserves it. It’s just funny.

Just last year the Globe and CC winner for score, Justin Hurwitz for First Man, wasn’t even nominated at the Oscars, and even if he had been he probably still would’ve lost to the Black Panther score, which had more sweep and bombast. The industry awards tend to go for that more than the journalist ones, which is why I think Newman will finally win his first Oscar (even though I find the score overrated). It also helps to have roaring crescendos during passages with sparse dialogue, like Gravity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Adapted Screenplay is Greta Gerwig’s to lose. This is gonna be her redemption after Lady Bird’s shut out.

She would be the first female screenwriter to win an Oscar since Diablo Cody 12 years ago.

I don’t buy it though. Both The Irishman and Jojo Rabbit are higher in Best Picture and the latter seems like the popular alternative if voters are cold on the former.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

She would be the first female screenwriter to win an Oscar since Diablo Cody 12 years ago. I don’t buy it though. Both The Irishman and Jojo Rabbit are higher in Best Picture and the latter seems like the popular alternative if voters are cold on the former.

Also doubt they will give a major Oscar to a remake of a remake of a remake.

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

Toni Collette won! She should have won the Golden Globes too!

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Loved all the winning ties in both the Film and TV arenas! If only there were more ties at the Oscars… (sigh)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 376 through 382 (of 382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.