Home Forums Movies 2020 DGA Awards Reactions

2020 DGA Awards Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
James Breheney
Gabe Guarin
Rachel_Ann
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:
    Rachel_Ann
    Topics:

PGA is only producers voting. Also you’re ignoring Apollo 13 and Brokeback Mountain. If you can’t even get your history right, why should I take you seriously?

To be fair, Brokeback Mountain losing to Crash was a huge upset. Most PGA winners do go on to win BP at the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Yet La La Land faced massive backlash and 1917 has been under the radar the entire season? LLL was DRAGGED and people got tired of it. Not to mention this season is shorter than usual, clearly the industry has no issues with 1917 judging by it’s performance so far and there’s no room to start massive backlash at this point.

Actually a La La Land comparison is indeed kind of inaccurate. A more appropriate comparison would be The Revenant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel_Ann
    Topics:
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Actually a La La Land comparison is indeed kind of inaccurate. A more appropriate comparison would be The Revenant.

Which didn’t win PGA….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I would say Parasite still has the advantage in the preferential ballot. Producers and Directors will out 1917 on top, but Writers, Actors, Editors, and many more will put Parasite way higher. And everyone will have it in their Top 3. Parasite is the type of film with such universal praise and wide appeal that I find it hard to imagine 1917 gathering more Top 3 votes when all the branches of the academy are taken into consideration.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Simone
    Topics:

I would say Parasite still has the advantage in the preferential ballot. Producers and Directors will out 1917 on top, but Writers, Actors, Editors, and many more will put Parasite way higher. And everyone will have it in their Top 3. Parasite is the type of film with such universal praise and wide appeal that I find it hard to imagine 1917 gathering more Top 3 votes when all the branches of the academy are taken into consideration.

Parasite is winning International Film. That’s it. If 1917 didn’t exist we wouldn’t be having this conversation. With a film like 1917 winning so much, there’s NO way Parasite will win Best Pic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Yet La La Land faced massive backlash and 1917 has been under the radar the entire season? LLL was DRAGGED and people got tired of it. Not to mention this season is shorter than usual, clearly the industry has no issues with 1917 judging by it’s performance so far and there’s no room to start massive backlash at this point.

Okay, since when was La La Land dragged? Some of you guys are seriously over inflating the controversy had, because it was super minor and almost everyone loved that film. Maybe, (crazy idea incoming), it’s possible that the voters liked Moonlight more.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Okay, since when was La La Land dragged? Some of you guys are seriously over inflating the controversy had, because it was super minor and almost everyone loved that film. Maybe, (crazy idea incoming), it’s possible that the voters liked Moonlight more.

LOL, It had many haters especially after it’s Globes sweep. Literally look up La La Land backlash on Google sweetheart.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I’m still predicting Once Upon a Time in Hollywood because I’m also predicting it for Original Screenplay. Of course, if Parasite wins Original Screenplay instead, it’ll likely win Picture, but Once Upon a Time has won the awards it needs to be the frontrunner in the Original Screenplay race, and if the past few years have taught us anything, it’s to put big money on the screenplay winners when it comes to predicting Best Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel_Ann
    Topics:

Parasite still has a shot. I mean, anything can happen… but let’s not be delusional thinking that it’s the frontrunner. Although they have made an effort towards diversity, the Academy is still very largely made up of older white men. Ahem, Green Book winning. I just don’t see Parasite happening with the older generation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/glennwhipp/status/1221290322992361472?s=21

💀

So… the standing ovation means nothing if they voted for someone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Parasite still has a shot. I mean, anything can happen… but let’s not be delusional thinking that it’s the frontrunner. Although they have made an effort towards diversity, the Academy is still very largely made up of older white men. Ahem, Green Book winning. I just don’t see Parasite happening with the older generation.

I honestly think the older white men will benefit Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Michael Windfeldt
    Topics:

Well it looks like 1917 has this in the bag! The main ingredients to win an Oscar seems to be; 1. Make the film look like you did it in one-take, 2. Make the narrative as simple as you can, 3. Do not let the audience think too much. It’s not that I Don’t like the film. It’s solid. But if it wins it will be another forgettable best picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel_Ann
    Topics:

I honestly think the older white men will benefit Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Possibly, yeah… I just think OUATIH has lost steam…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.