Home Forums Movies 2020 Golden globes nomination predictions

2020 Golden globes nomination predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Matthew anzal..
ospencer
Brayden Fitzs..
  • ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Do people really think Robbie is such a lock? It seems like she barely has 2 lines in the movie and doesn’t have much to do. Just curious if I am missing something..

Name recognition + huge movie + raved performance. She might not be a lock but she sure is a solid bet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

Anybody who asks, “where is The Irishman?”, will feel my wrath

let me ask it this way, why do you think a Scorsese gangster film with that cast will fail?</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

Name recognition + huge movie + raved performance. She might not be a lock but she sure is a solid bet.

A reporter asked Tarantino why she had so little to do but I think she will do a De Tavira and be nominated for simply being in the movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”> let me ask it this way, why do you think a Scorsese gangster film with that cast will fail?</p>

Nothing justifies a 200 million dollar budget. The subject matter isn’t going to do well with the crowd and the cast (while legendary) isn’t what it used to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Marlee Matlin won an Oscar for being mute in her movie, Robbie can get nominated if she wants to.

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Is her performance being raved about? I know being mute doesn’t make it impossible to get a nomination, I just was under the impression she didn’t have much to work with in general in terms of screen time, lines, material, etc. I know it’s a huge movie and she’s very popular, I just was curious why she is being unanimously predicted. I’m rooting for her FYI, just was nervous after reading some of those reviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Is her performance being raved about? I know being mute doesn’t make it impossible to get a nomination, I just was under the impression she didn’t have much to work with in general in terms of screen time, lines, material, etc. I know it’s a huge movie and she’s very popular, I just was curious why she is being unanimously predicted. I’m rooting for her FYI, just was nervous after reading some of those reviews.

Its a movie about old hollwood. The globes tend to go crazy for movies like these. Its one of those cases that a movie is so loved, Actors are taken for the ride that you dont expect(Like de trvia in roma Or rockwell from vice for example)

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

Nothing justifies a 200 million dollar budget. The subject matter isn’t going to do well with the crowd and the cast (while legendary) isn’t what it used to be.

The producer recently said that Scorsese had outdone himself with The Irishman. I think crowds will eat up the nostalgic factor of a Scorsese gangster flick with Pesci coming back not to mention their curiosity of seeing them young with the de-aging technology. What is your top 5 currently for best picture?

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

What is your top 5 currently for best picture?

The 4 films I’m very confident in are Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood, 1917, The Last Thing He Wanted and Jojo Rabbit. Number 5 would probably be Harriet or A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

The 4 films I’m very confident in are Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood, 1917, The Last Thing He Wanted and Jojo Rabbit. Number 5 would probably be Harriet or A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood at this point.

I can guarantee you The last thing he wanted wont come anywhere near the Oscars. Private Life of this year.  Flag this.

ReplyCopy URL
    LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

The films I’m very confident in are Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood, 1917, Harriet 

I feel most confident about these 3 too.

OUATIH because it was very well received at Cannes, will make big bucks at the box office (thus holding over until award season) and has significant star power attached.

1917 because the prestige factor of the cast and crew on this project is second to none this season. It also has a strong studio backing it and a good release date.

Harriet simply because it is the most blatant awards-bait biopic of the season.

I am curious how Netflix will fare this season. They have many contenders but I am not confident that they will be able to handle multiple campaigns nor do I think the Academy will embrace multiple Netflix films. So, which one should Netflix bet on? I am not sold on The Irishman – could be amazing or a total flop. Personally, I am betting on The Pope as a dark horse actually.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Not including Untitled Noah Bambauch Film and Judy/Fair and Balanced because I believe that will be Drama.

Best Comedy/Musical:

• Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    • Cats
    • Rocketman
    • Jojo Rabbit
    • The Farewell
    • alts. Late Night/Last Christmas

Best Comedy/Musical Actor:

• Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    • Taron Edgerton, Rocketman
    • Idris Elba, Cats
    • Himesh Patel, Yesterday
    • Hugh Jackman, Bad Education
    • alts. Taika Watiti (Jojo Rabbit)/Adam Sandler (Uncut Gems)

Best Comedy/Musical Actress:

• Jennifer Hudson, Cats
    • Awkwafina, The Farewell
    • Emila Clarke, Last Christmas
    • Cate Blanchett, Where’d You Go Bernadette?
    • Emma Thompson, Late Night
    • alts. Taylor Swift (Cats)/Beanie Feldstein (Booksmart)
    ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Marlee Matlin won an Oscar for being mute in her movie, Robbie can get nominated if she wants to.

Is this meant to be jokey? Cause I don’t get this comparison. Playing mute or deaf is traditionally baity.

ReplyCopy URL
    DevonshireGold
    Participant
    Topics:

If Once Upon A Time goes Drama and Cats is crap, who is standing in the way of Rocketman winning Best Comedy/Musical? HFPA likes musicals and it’s a fun (and funny) film built around an outstanding lead performance, plus Elton is beloved in Hollywood.

A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood’s imdb says drama but if it entered as comedy and Actor was between Matthew Rhys and Taron Egerton it’d be an exciting night for Wales.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia coming for that Globe nom?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.