Home Forums Movies 2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions

2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 259 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
Matthew anzal..
teri
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Nominations for the 77th annual Golden Globes are announced on Monday December 9.

Winners will be revealed on January 5, midway through the Oscar nominations voting.

Post your thoughts here.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Regardless of what ends up happening, I want these nominees to be shocking. I want a swerve, some underdog narratives to gain momentum. I want people to say “wait THAT was nominated” years in the future.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping For Some Shocks.

Specifically:  Brad Pitt (Ad Astra), Toni Collette (Knives Out), Emilia Clarke (Last Christmas), Mindy Kaling (Late Night), and everyone from CATS the movie.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Hope Globes cancel Cynthia Erivo once and forever. I swear to God, if she gets in instead of Lupita or Alfre tomorrow (and we all know what the other unfixable 4 are), I’m done with it!!!

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Hope Globes cancel Cynthia Erivo once and forever. I swear to God, if she gets in instead of Lupita or Alfre tomorrow (and we all know what the other unfixable 4 are), I’m done with it!!!

Just imagine how embarrassing it’ll be if she can’t even get a Globe nomination for playing Harriet Tubman. That role is awards catnip. Speaking of which…

Hoping For Some Shocks. Specifically: Brad Pitt (Ad Astra), Toni Collette (Knives Out), Emilia Clarke (Last Christmas), Mindy Kaling (Late Night), and everyone from CATS the movie.

Ew.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope some of the risks I took in my predictions (Walter-hauser in drama actor, Nyongo in drama actress, Hayward in comedy actress, and Joker in film drama) pays off.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope some of the risks I took in my predictions (Walter-hauser in drama actor, Nyongo in drama actress, Hayward in comedy actress, and Joker in film drama) pays off.

Joker in film Drama isn’t a risk. It’s a lock. Critics Choice nominated it, and so did a bunch of critics. They were the most likely to snub it.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

Please kill this Uncut Gems nonsense

I just love movies. And awards.

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

If Lupita gets the fifth spot in Drama Actress, I will scream from the rooftops in absolute joy. I’m currently not predicting for it to happen, but if it does, it would be such a pleasant surprise and solidify her as a legit contender after racking up the critics awards!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Caelin Cripps.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Caelin Cripps.
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I am having a hard time choosing what film will fill my number 5 spot on my Drama Film predictions. My list right now is:

1. The Irishman
    2. Marriage Story
    3. 1917
    4. Little Women
    5. Joker or Ford V Ferrari?

Which one? Can someone sway me one way?

thomasrigours
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Margot Robbie will be snubbed tomorrow.

Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

For How long we can predict these on GG? When are you shutting down the system? few hours before nominations?

Participant
    Topics:

Joker in film Drama isn’t a risk. It’s a lock. Critics Choice nominated it, and so did a bunch of critics. They were the most likely to snub it.

Nope. CC gets 10 nominees to choose. The HFPA only get 5. It now has to face Ford v Ferrari, Richard Jewell (which they apparently LOVED), and Bombshell for 1 spot. It doesn’t help that Joker is a love/hate film unlike FvF/RJ.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

lol people still talking about Richard Jewell like it didnt just get shut out at CC today. I could see Ford at least, they nominated Rush.

Participant
    Topics:

lol people still talking about Richard Jewell like it didnt just get shut out at CC today. I could see Ford at least, they nominated Rush.

Well CC is a completely different group of voters, and we know the HFPA went all out for Richard Jewell. 83 of them went to see Clint Eastwood. 83!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 259 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.