Home Forums Movies 2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions

2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 265 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
Matthew anzal..
teri
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Blanchett getting nominated for that is such a joke lol, especially when they had the other Booksmart actress right there. Dever deserved better.

Beanie is part of a famous family and they already took care of Dever in TV for Unbelievable. They couldn’t have at least given Cate’s slot to Constance or Dakota. Sigh

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Pesci and Pacino are making it in Top 5 at Oscars and winner also will be from one of them.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Faux architect
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Pesci and Pacino are making it in Top 5 at Oscars and winner also will be from one of them.

They will split and Pitt is too strong.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

They will split and Pitt is too strong.

Either way Pesci aint attending any of the ceremonies.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

the HFPA….I’m sickened

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I am praying for Emma Thompson to win for her glorious performance in Late Night (: I expect Awkwafina to win but I did not consider her performance to be comedic at all. The film was a comedy-drama but her performance was a dramatic one. I would be overjoyed for an upset – Emma was both comedic and touching in the under-rated Late Night (:

gross!

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

the HFPA….I’m sickened

I’m disgusted

smellycat
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s almost literally the opposite of the Critics Choice. No WTSU, Schitts Creek, GoT, Watchmen, no Sandler, no Lupita, no This is Us. Is the HFPA just a bunch of drunk tabloid writers luring celebrities to party with them on their LA postings?

And we know what Rami Malek did for his nom.

fvg627
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think I’ve ever ever seen you guys not “disgusted” on nomination mornings. I mean aside from a few predictable snubs, these nominations aren’t that awful or surprising. At least on the film side.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Kathy Bates might really pull this off, huh? Interesting. And Annette Bening? What 90s realness lol. She was solid in the excellent “The Report,” but it’s not the fireworks kind of role people might expect or want. Margot Robbie’s main push will be “Bombshell” instead of “Once Upon…,” which makes sense. All that love for “The Two Popes” shouldn’t be surprising, though I thought the initial reception was bad. No Constance Wu is sad, and even sadder is no Alfre Woodard. She needed this nomination BADLY, so now I’m taking her out of my best actress predictions. No DeNiro, but there’s Pesci and Pacino together for “The Irishman.” Glad Hanks got in, but this is the year he gets the DeMille? Seems like a waste now. Bale gets sole nod for “FvF” on reputation alone. Yay Ana de Armas! Thought DiCaprio would be snubbed, so that’s interesting. Get it, J-LO! Didn’t think Cynthia Erivo would pull through, and now two nominations! Cheers to her! Beyoncé and Taylor Swift, competing against each other yet again, sigh. Both are losing, but still, the stan wars won’t be fun. More later.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

And we know what Rami Malek did for his nom.

What did he do?

AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Got an accuracy of 83,64%. Wasn’t expecting this lol

smellycat
    Participant
    Topics:

Jesus, the comedy categories are so weak. Why couldn’t they put Us in comedy like they did for Get out?

The Kominsky Method is just about the worst thing I’ve ever watched.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

They did Zhao Shuzhen dirty. She gave a better performance than everyone nominated in that category.

smellycat
    Participant
    Topics:

What did he do?

Started campaining with the HFPA on Mr Robot’s dime back in June. He and Fox sold their souls in order to win awards by covering up Singer; their campaign was disgusting. Papparazzi on speed dial with his nasty girlfriend for HFPA publications and writers. Utterly graceless decline from being one of the best in the biz to one of the scummiest.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.