Home Forums Movies 2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions

2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 256 through 265 (of 265 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
Matthew anzal..
teri
  • Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

The comedy picture category is between Hollywood and Knifes out. Both movies seem kind of old school and appeals to the HFPA. I have hollywood winning right now.

Potatohead
    Participant
    Topics:

Director: Martin Scorsese or Quentin Tarantino seem obvious, but I feel good about Bong Joon Ho’s odds for Parasite.

Screenplay: Likely Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, followed by Parasite.

Film Drama: The Irishman seems inevitable, unless they go crazy and vote for Joker.

Drama Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, I find it hard to believe he won’t win with the surprising passion for the movie. Adam Driver would be the alternate.

Drama Actress: This seems to be between Charlize Theron, Renee Zellweger, and Scarlett Johansson. I’d put my money on Theron because of all the makeup and what not, but keep in mind Johansson’s the only one whose movie is also up for Best Film.

Comedy Film: Definitely Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Comedy Actor: I have no idea. Maybe they’ll just be lazy and give it to DiCaprio, but I’ve a slight feeling they’ll push for Eddie Murphy here.

Comedy Actress: Awkwafina seems like the only real option here.

Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt. The Irishman will vote split, their only competition is Pitt unless Hopkins comes swinging out of nowhere.

Supporting Actress: Between Laura Dern and Jennifer Lopez, I think they’d prefer Lopez based on star quality alone.

The Cool Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Predictions

Drama-I’m going 1917 for the upset, The De Niro snub for The Irishman is concerning, people keep brining up how the Globes have a grudge a didn’t nominate him for Silver Linings, but he was nominated recently for The Wizard of Lies on the TV side. Marriage Story is the nominations leader, but the director snub is too damning. The Two Popes is an also ran. Joker could very well win, I have that second.

Drama Actor-I have Joaquin, the Globes loved Joker, and it’s a huge international hit, I also think he’ll be the place to award the movie.

Drama Actress-Zellwegger has the momentum at the moment

Comedy/Musical-With Jojo vastly underperforming, and Hollywood getting pretty much everything it needed I have Hollywood taking it.

Comedy/Musical Actor-I think Eddie has the perfect Globes comeback narrative, and I think they’ll also want to spread the wealth

Comedy/Musical Actress-Akwafina… that’s all

Supporting Actor-Pitt, I feel Pesci & Pacino will cancel out, and the Globes have shown to have really loved Hollywood, and he is most people’s favorite thing about the movie.

Supporting Actress-J. Lo, It’s The Globes

Director-Sam Mendes, Bong Joon-Ho could very well win, Tarantino has the overdue narrative, and the Globes love themselves Scorsese, however as of late the Globes & other awards shows have gone for “The Directorial Achievment” and 1917 easily fits that criteria.

Screenplay-I think this will be the place the Globes award Marriage Story

Foreign Language Film-Parasite… that’s all

Animated Feature-How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, the last film won in an upset, and I think it has the ROTK narrative going for it.

Score-Thomas Newman… it’s his time

Song-Stand Up, feels like a Globes type of thing. They’ll definitely want Erivo onstage.

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

Early predictions:

Motion Picture – Drama: Joker

Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Actor – Drama: Joaquin Phoenix

Actress – Drama: Renée Zellweger

Actor – Musical or Comedy: Eddie Murphy

Actress – Musical or Comedy: Awkwafina

Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt

Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lopez

Director: Martin Scorsese

Screenplay: Parasite

Score: Joker

Song: “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again”

Animated: Toy Story 4

Foreign: Parasite

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Motion Picture-Drama: Marriage Story

Motion Picture- Musical or Comedy: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Actor-Drama: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker

Actress-Drama: Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story

Actor-Musical or Comedy: Taron Egerton, Rocketman

Actress-Musical or Comedy: Awkwafina, The Farewell

Supporting Actor: Al Pacino, The Irishman

Supporting Actress: Laura Dern, Marriage Story

Director: Bong Joon-Ho, Parasite

Screenplay: Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story

Score: Thomas Newman, 1917

Song: “Spirit”, The Lion King

Animated Feature: How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Foreign Film: Parasite

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that Baumbach missed, I am back to thinking he may get snubbed. Phillips stands good chance repeating this nom at both BAFTA and DGA. Not gonna throw away my great odds on him for a whim though, but I think Almodovar and Wang got great shots to be the oscar morning surprise.

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that Baumbach missed, I am back to thinking he may get snubbed. Phillips stands good chance repeating this nom at both BAFTA and DGA. Not gonna throw away my great odds on him for a whim though, but I think Almodovar and Wang got great shots to be the oscar morning surprise.

If Banderas gets snubbed for the Oscar, I don’t see Almodovar getting in. I have Wang in my predictions, but I’m VERY tempted to replace her with Sciamma.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgot to say…

THANK YOU FOR ENDING THAT UNCUT GEMS NONSENSE.

I just love movies. And awards.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

The lack of representation… the fact that Alwafina and Scarlett Johansson are the only Asian women to be nominated is disgusting! But congrats to Scarlett for being the first ever Self-Identifying Tree to be nominated!

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgot to say… THANK YOU FOR ENDING THAT UNCUT GEMS NONSENSE.

As someone who liked that movie and thought Adam Sandler was great in it… I still knew that was a collective delusion. That movie is too abrasive, anxiety-inducing, and unrelenting for the Academy.

That is the sort of film destined for critics awards praise and naught else.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Parasite

Viewing 10 posts - 256 through 265 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes Film Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.