Home Forums Movies 2020 Indie Spirit Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers)

2020 Indie Spirit Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
linecelts
Gabarnes43
  • Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

What a great bunch of awards! I’m especially pleased by the wins for The Farewell and Uncut Gems, as it shows what might have been if the Oscars had more expansive thinking this year. Even the win for Zellweger felt right, as she does indeed have indie street cred from her nominated work in Love and a .45 and The Whole Wide World. It’s too bad things likely won’t be nearly this satisfying tomorrow night, although we can still hope!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Nate.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Nate.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Breheney
    Topics:

The Farewell almost pulled a Grand Hotel lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I got 11 out of 13 – with only the two wins for The Farewell wrong! (: I wish I hadn’t switched out Shuzhen though!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Why tf did I switch to Shia LaBeouf? Silly me. So pumped for Dafoe and Zhao, though it was a shame the latter couldn’t be there because of coronovirus. At least I got to see Dafoe give one acceptance speech this season.

And all three of the Uncut Gems speeches. My God.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    unspoken
    Topics:

How did The Farewell not get a single nomination beyond its two wins?

Should be asking this of the Oscars where it’s shut out because it’s fantastic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I got 11 out of 13 – with only the two wins for The Farewell wrong! (: I wish I hadn’t switched out Shuzhen though!

We must have had the exact same predictions. Only two I got wrong we’re Film and Supporting Actress

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Laura Dern song part was everything. If you still think she isn’t a 100% lock, you’re crazy.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

So happy for Nai Nai. I wish she would’ve been there. Also, happy to see Willem winning. They were both criminally snubbed by the Academy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Nice winners. Audrey Plaza was fantastic as host! Kinda surprised that “Uncut Gems” didn’t manage to win Best Film with wins for Sandler and the Safdie Bros. I don’t particularly care for “The Farewell,” but Lulu Wang gave a great and appreciative acceptance speech. Sandler stole the night with his acceptance speech. He really was amazing and Oscar-worthy, even if his surrounding film was way too manic. Renée’s speech was better and more coherent than her past ones. Sad that J-Lo lost what should have been an easy win without Dern around, and even sadder that this will be the only awards conversation that Alfre Woodard and “Clemency” will ever be a part of. “Parasite”‘s win was great and should have been more of them. Baumbach’s speeches were good. Very curious about both “See You Yesterday” and “Give Me Liberty,” two films I’d never heard of until now. Spotlighting these unsung indie films is the main reason to continue supporting this quirky awards show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Nice winners. Audrey Plaza was fantastic as host! Kinda surprised that “Uncut Gems” didn’t manage to win Best Film with wins for Sandler and the Safdie Bros. I don’t particularly care for “The Farewell,” but Lulu Wang gave a great and appreciative acceptance speech. Sandler stole the night with his acceptance speech. He really was amazing and Oscar-worthy, even if his surrounding film was way too manic. Renée’s speech was better and more coherent than her past ones. Sad that J-Lo lost what should have been an easy win without Dern around, and even sadder that this will be the only awards conversation that Alfre Woodard and “Clemency” will ever be a part of. “Parasite”‘s win was great and should have been more of them. Baumbach’s speeches were good. Very curious about both “See You Yesterday” and “Give Me Liberty,” two films I’d never heard of until now. Spotlighting these unsung indie films is the main reason to continue supporting this quirky awards show.

see you yesterday is on Netflix

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Cool how the cast of Best First Feature and Best Feature Film get their own individual Spirits. I assume the Best International Film cast also get awards – I hope so. The “Parasite” cast definitely deserves it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Love loved LOVED these nominees and winners!
    Ah now Oscar. Take a hint and yes stay “hostless”. Gach.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.