Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Clips Predictions

2020 Oscar Clips Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Zooey the Dre..
BICTH
Cordelia
  • Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

For who you are predicting to be nominated, what clip do you think will they use when they announce each nominee at the Dolby Theatre in February?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Succession
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

For either Pesci or Pacino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHmg8TwtrAQ

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Topics:

Driver – Being Alive or the confrontation scene, in which he tells ScarJo that he would love to see her dead.

Dern (such an overrated performance by an actress who repeats herself all the time; sorry, GD, you love her): of course, that over the top monologue about women.

ScarJo: I think they’ll go with something surprising for her; probably the scene in which she ties Adam’s shoelaces. But maybe it will be that scene with Dern, in which she tells her about how she met Adam and so on; and how she stayed and felt she lost her voice. That moment about having no issue with being a mother but being afraid of being forgotten is Oscar-y.

Alda: You remind me of my second divorce. Or the bit where he tells Adam he would be respectful of his wife.

Liotta: The USD 900 per hour vs. his colleague’s USD 400 per hour bit. He’s not getting in though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

just remember the travesty that was last year’s clip choices and try not to jinx anything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

correct me if I’m wrong but have they ever had to bleep a clip? if that’s something the producers actively avoid then we might see some “interesting” choices

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I just hope they SHOW clips.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Driver – Being Alive or the confrontation scene, in which he tells ScarJo that he would love to see her dead. Dern (such an overrated performance by an actress who repeats herself all the time; sorry, GD, you love her): of course, that over the top monologue about women. ScarJo: I think they’ll go with something surprising for her; probably the scene in which she ties Adam’s shoelaces. But maybe it will be that scene with Dern, in which she tells her about how she met Adam and so on; and how she stayed and felt she lost her voice. That moment about having no issue with being a mother but being afraid of being forgotten is Oscar-y. Alda: You remind me of my second divorce. Or the bit where he tells Adam he would be respectful of his wife. Liotta: The USD 900 per hour vs. his colleague’s USD 400 per hour bit. He’s not getting in though.

thank you for pointing out that overrated Laura Dern work. She doesn’t even deserve to be nominated

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I think some of my favourite Dafoe scenes in The Lighthouse would be FCC violations to show.

For Judy they’ll probably pick one of the performing scenes, even though I’d argue they’re the weakest aspect of Renee’s acting (still great).

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Laura Dern — The “virgin birth” monologue.

Adam Driver – The “I hope you die” speech.

Scarlett Johansson – Her practise interview with Nora.

Jennifer Lopez — Either Ramona’s opening dance + “doesn’t money just make you money”, the scene where Ramona tells Dorothy to hang up the phone or the final scene where she’s talking about the picture she keeps of her.

Lupita Nyong’o – The first conversation with the Tethered at the fireplace.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Renee Zellweger: Possibly the interview scene where she says she’s only Judy Garland for a hour a night and she states she has a harder time getting what everyone else wants?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Question for Americans who know how the FCC works – is cocksucker a fineable word? Asking on behalf of Al Pacino

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

If Lupota is nominated, her Oscar clip has to be Adalade killing Red at the end of the film. Such a phenomenal performance from her as both characters, and with no dialogue at all!

Joaquin Phoenix’s clip will of course be one of the laughing scenes, probably when he’s on stage. I’m guessing they don’t do the “society” speech since it’s been memed to hell and back. And the other moment with Gary would be NSFT.

Defoe’s clip will be his drunken rant where he curses Winslow.

I don’t even know what Pacino or Pesci’s clips would be: they had so many good scenes, and most of them had strong profanity.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

If Lupota is nominated, her Oscar clip has to be Adalade killing Red at the end of the film. Such a phenomenal performance from her as both characters, and with no dialogue at all! Joaquin Phoenix’s clip will of course be one of the laughing scenes, probably when he’s on stage. I’m guessing they don’t do the “society” speech since it’s been memed to hell and back. And the other moment with Gary would be NSFT. Defoe’s clip will be his drunken rant where he curses Winslow. I don’t even know what Pacino or Pesci’s clips would be: they had so many good scenes, and most of them had strong profanity.

I don’t think they’d choose that clip for Lupita since it has enormous spoilers in it. Then again, Cate Blanchett’s Carol clip had spoilers in it.

I agree Joaquin’s society speech probably wouldn’t work as a clip since they’d have to censor it and awkwardly cut it off at the end.

For Pacino, I’d go with “I know things they don’t know I know”, and for Pesci, I’d go with the moment he and De Niro have lunch as old men.

Let’s Go Bucks

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Adam Driver- Either the singing scene or when he tells Nicole he wants her to die and breaks down

Joaquin Phoenix- The interview

Leonardo DiCaprio- His reaction to the little girl raving his acting

Eddie Murphy- Any of the stand up acts

Renee Zellweger- Lol Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Scarjo- Her monologue about her marriage to Charlie

Lupita- Red’s first interaction with the Wilsons

Awkwafina- Her monologue to her family

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nicholas22
    Topics:

I hope Brad Pitt’s clip comes from some part of those amazing last 15 minutes of OUATIH

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.