Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 467 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Babygirl
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Experts are also abandoning Leo…

It is happening and they are wise to predict it.

It seems as Driver is Expert’s fav to win.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

It’s still October. Things will change.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    arabian
    Topics:

It might be because MS is hitting a bunch of industry events right now and more people are seeing/talking about it getting the “right” kind of attention while Joker is really just getting box office attention. And with two front runner contenders who both give outstanding performances, the one that has the critical, industry talk going right now as opposed to just box office numbers is going to push the actor in that film to the top of the predictions.

Once precursor nominations start coming out (and I don’t see how Joaquin doesn’t get noms), the predictions will start flipping between him and Adam again.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

That’s exactly my worry about Joker. I think that they’re thinking that they can coast into awards season on box office and hype alone, when they probably need to campaign hard for a movie that controversial to win the majority of voters over. And with how unlikeable and grating Todd Phillips seems to be, I don’t see many events happening where he can win people over. Phoenix can get the nom on hype alone, but I don’t expect to really see the movie anywhere else unless they really start trying to get people to like this movie and the people behind it.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I’m waiting to see if Joker scores an editing nod. Thelma Schoonmaker will win regardless.

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Joker is probably being forgotten as times moves on. Banderas can win an Oscar for his moving performance. It’s time a Spanish language performance wins in the Leading Actor category. A fact.

I serve the tea (politely)

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Make a room for Eddie Murphy because the man is getting nominated.

Let’s be real. Eddie Murphy is only getting in at the Globes. Sad but a fact.

I serve the tea (politely)

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I think Eddie Murphy’s chances of getting nominated have increased. The buzz is there and it’s the type of performance that will garner him #1 votes in the balloting… which should secure him a nom. I feel like Adam Driver and Joaquin Phoenix are in a similar position in terms of potentially getting #1 votes.

I can’t say the same for Robert DeNiro or Leo… I don’t see voters passionately voting for those 2. They might get a bunch of #2 or #3 ranking votes… which might make them lose out on a nom.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Eddie Murphy isnt getting any more #1 votes than Banderas. People will remember him as the guy who walked out during the Oscars and thank u, next. No rooting factor. Leo and Bob are in top films and folks will vote for them when they are voting for the movie. I dont even think Eddie is above Pryce and Egerton at this point.

Profile picture
    arabian
    Topics:

I think Murphy is above Egerton.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’m waiting to see if Joker scores an editing nod. Thelma Schoonmaker will win regardless.

Right now I’m thinking no. My predictions for editing are

Ford v Ferrari

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The Irishman

Jojo Rabbit

Parasite

Also Ford v Ferrari will win because according to the academy, best editing=most editing (see Mad Max Fury Road, Dunkirk, Bohemian Rhapsody, etc.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Could see Leo missing out. Just look at all his past GG nominations that didn’t end up being an Oscar nom for him. All of them besides J. Edgar, his co-stars were still nominated and he’s missed for BP winners/big BP nominees.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Joker is probably being forgotten as times moves on. Banderas can win an Oscar for his moving performance. It’s time a Spanish language performance wins in the Leading Actor category. A fact.

I don’t know if I see Joker being forgotten considering it won the Golden Lion, is highly divisive so people are constantly talking about it, it is breaking box office records at $850+ million/highest grossing R rated movie of all time, etc.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Right now I’m thinking no. My predictions for editing are

Ford v Ferrari

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The Irishman

Jojo Rabbit

Parasite

Also Ford v Ferrari will win because according to the academy, best editing=most editing (see Mad Max Fury Road, Dunkirk, Bohemian Rhapsody, etc.

I’d be very surprised if anyone other than Thelma wins this.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Could see Leo missing out. Just look at all his past GG nominations that didn’t end up being an Oscar nom for him. All of them besides J. Edgar, his co-stars were still nominated and he’s missed for BP winners/big BP nominees.

I’m really hoping Leo can make the lineup. I loved his performance and I believe it’s unfair that he has to compete in this field where he could get snubbed while his co-lead will be a lock for a nomination and competitive for a win. I also love Pitt’s performance, but his category fraud is even more blatant recent cases like Mahershala Ali and Viola Davis.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 467 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.