Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 467 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Babygirl
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

De Niro is getting the Lifetime Achievement honor from SAG this year. Definitely boost him into the best actor category at someone’s expense.

Profile picture
    Topics:

It’s just odd to me that the star of a Best Picture frontrunner is not even an option to choose from in the prediction center…

The Last Emperor (1987) won best picture without a single acting nod.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

The Last Emperor (1987) won best picture without a single acting nod.

Slumdog Millionaire too. But these are outliers

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

I think here I’ll have a prayer circle, but it’s one to block DiCaprio. First time I found him the least memorable one and on rewatch there are parts towards the end I genuinely disliked his acting. I’m all up for comedy performances breaking through, but they must be strong. With so many other names vying for a first time nomination with what are/seem to be (haven’t watched some) remarkable roles, dark forces will be summoned. If he gets the Globe… nothing to do, though.

I think Taron’s getting the Globe, which will secure his spot on the Oscar ballot.

Oscars 2021: I support Denis Villeneuve (Dune), David Fincher (Mank), Willem Dafoe (The Card Counter), and Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy).

Movie-lover overall.

Profile picture
    ScandalWife
    Topics:

My friend and I saw Dolemite is my name last night and loved it. I wish Eddie was more in the conversation. He was wonderful in the film, plus it was great to see if him a movie that was actually good.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

My friend and I saw Dolemite is my name last night and loved it. I wish Eddie was more in the conversation. He was wonderful in the film, plus it was great to see if him a movie that was actually good.

My feelings exactly. And that entire cast is wonderful.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Topics:

Slumdog Millionaire too. But these are outliers

Are we talking about Parasite for the potential best picture nominee without acting options in the prediction center? Because then it makes sense continuing the tradition of the Academy ignoring Asian actors despite their movie being the juggernaut of the season.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Are we talking about Parasite for the potential best picture nominee without acting options in the prediction center? Because then it makes sense continuing the tradition of the Academy ignoring Asian actors despite their movie being the juggernaut of the season.

Return of the King did it too, but that was a different kind of hurdle.
    I’m hoping it happens but have been crushed so often I’m reluctant to place any of the actors in any category.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I think Taron’s getting the Globe, which will secure his spot on the Oscar ballot.

Let this prophecy find its potential in real life.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

So since Marriage Story is a netflix film it had me thinking: let’s say Driver (a sure bet for nomination and maybe even the win) gets in alongside Murphy or De Niro or Pryce. Who does Netflix give the best campaigning to and can they handle two best actor nominee campaigns?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by vinny.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by vinny.
    Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Considering Netflix’s vast resources, I’m sure that they can handle more than one campaign once this category. If someone other than Driver makes it in, then in guessing they’ll get a decent campaign, but unless if they ended up doing better at the precursors than Driver, he’ll be getting a stronger push.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Hector Raskolnikov
    Topics:

After seeing The Irishman yesterday, I have to ask… How the fuck Robert De Niro isn’t being considered as one of the frontrunners?

I know he’s getting praise, but not enough (the majority is going to Pesci and Pacino)… Serious, it’s a extremely powerfull performance, and I don’t remember the last time that I was so touched by a performance. The last 30 minutes of the movie is De Niro in his best. He conveys so much truth in his trembling words, in his melancholy look…

De Niro in The Irishman is my favorite piece of acting of 2019. And this is from someone who absolute love Joker and, of course, the Joaquin performance.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

After seeing The Irishman yesterday, I have to ask… How the fuck Niro isn’t being considered as one of the frontrunners?

I know he’s getting praise, but not enough (the majority is going to Pesci and Pacino)… Serious, it’s a extremely powerfull performance, and I don’t remember the last time that I was so touched by a performance. The last 30 minutes of the movie is De Niro in his best. He conveys so much truth in his trembling words, in his melancholy look…

De Niro in The Irishman is my favorite piece of acting of 2019. And this is from someone who absolute love Joker and, of course, the Joaquin performance.

I was told exactly same by one of my friend in US who has seen it.

He said De Niro gave an absolute masterclass in subtlety.

He’ll obviously get nominated but won’t win as he is already a 2 time acting winner and only 3 men have 3 acting Oscars so that’s rare feat.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Hammad Asif.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    JanisEye
    Topics:

After seeing The Irishman yesterday, I have to ask… How the fuck Niro isn’t being considered as one of the frontrunners? I know he’s getting praise, but not enough (the majority is going to Pesci and Pacino)… Serious, it’s a extremely powerfull performance, and I don’t remember the last time that I was so touched by a performance. The last 30 minutes of the movie is De Niro in his best. He conveys so much truth in his trembling words, in his melancholy look… De Niro in The Irishman is my favorite piece of acting of 2019. And this is from someone who absolute love Joker and, of course, the Joaquin performance.

Tell me more about how DiCaprio doesn’t deserve to be in the lineup.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 467 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.