Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 467 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Babygirl
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

It’s sad what he has done to himself…used to be one of the finest human specimens in the film industry. Like damn.

You gotta loose something if you gotta gain something.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

I forgot: Driver is winning Best Actor, no matter how precursors go.

Darling, Joke is winning Best Actor, no matter how hard you try.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Going to be honest – out of nowhere musical sequences (Joker’s stair dancing, Marriage Story’s singing) being the new form of Oscar bait performances is a trend that can stop. If you’re going to have those sequences, make a whole musical instead of just doing a small stylistic excursion that gets abandoned.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Going to be honest – out of nowhere musical sequences (Joker’s stair dancing, Marriage Story’s singing) being the new form of Oscar bait performances is a trend that can stop..

Darling, I agree. But all I could see during those scenes was pure and unnecessary cringe. What a waste of screentime.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Was anyone really expecting another outcome??

You’re always spilling tea and I love to see it.

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

Going to be honest – out of nowhere musical sequences (Joker’s stair dancing, Marriage Story’s singing) being the new form of Oscar bait performances is a trend that can stop. If you’re going to have those sequences, make a whole musical instead of just doing a small stylistic excursion that gets abandoned.

to be fair the original idea for marriage story was a company adaptation of sorts

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Paul Walter Hauser is an 11th hour spoiler for Richard Jewell.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I can’t be sure Franco was ruled out for that reason. He may have not made it anyway, and I doubt many people knew about it at the time of voting.

This. I’ve stated it multiple times and I’m glad someone else agrees with me. Washington being nominated over Franco is a fairly typical result for the Oscars, given how revered the Washington is (he’s never really been what you’d call snubbed) and how much of a creepy weirdo Franco was playing (Oscar has often had trouble with those types of performances unless they feature in major Best Picture contenders). At the last minute I switched my 5th place prediction from Franco to Washington and the allegations had nothing to do with that decision.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Kaluuya got a totally undeserved and random nomination for Get Out

It wasn’t random; he made every precursor, was in a major Best Picture contender and won the National Society of Film Critics award. You may disagree but it was a highly acclaimed performance.

Profile picture
    Gwen Gentry
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NextBestPicture/status/1197380969591955456

Many SAG members praising Phoenix just today. The race is getting more and more interesting and it isn’t december yet!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Gwen Gentry.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Gwen Gentry.
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NextBestPicture/status/1197380969591955456 Many SAG members praising Phoenix just today. The race is getting more and more interesting and it isn’t december yet!

he’s winning it

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m apolosing to all Marriage Story and Adam Driver fans over my comments on that Marriage Story thread. I didn’t know I wasn’t in the best actor thread and it showed in my responses. So sorry

FYC:

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

They are more level headed in their responses than the hysteria displayed by the usual suspects.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

This. I’ve stated it multiple times and I’m glad someone else agrees with me. Washington being nominated over Franco is a fairly typical result for the Oscars, given how revered the Washington is (he’s never really been what you’d call snubbed) and how much of a creepy weirdo Franco was playing (Oscar has often had trouble with those types of performances unless they feature in major Best Picture contenders). At the last minute I switched my 5th place prediction from Franco to Washington and the allegations had nothing to do with that decision.

We’re usually on the same page, which I like. Lol

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

They are more level headed in their responses than the hysteria displayed by the usual suspects.

talking about my posts on the other thread?

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 467 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.