Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +17 hidden )
replies
views
users
Moviebuff22
thatnerdgreg
Hammad Asif
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Um, James Franco all of two years ago. Before that Paul Giamatti in 2010. RDJ in 2009. Colin Farrell in 2008. SBC for Borat in 2006. Want me to keep going?

Ok good. So you proved it happened twice in the last 10 years.

Proves my point. Based on that, I’d say Taron has a pretty good 80% chance of being nominated, based on that standard alone.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Yeah definitely seems like it’s gonna be Phoenix/Driver/DiCaprio/Egerton/Banderas

Yeah,that’s your top5 at Oscars.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Phoenix and Egerton are the frontrunners. You guys hate to admit that Egerton is a huge contender. DiCaprio is vulnerable. He can miss the nomination

I’m not hating to admit anything. Driver is the frontrunner behind Phoenix right now because those are the only 2 certain locks for a nomination at this point. Egerton missing out on a nomination would not be anywhere near as shocking as Driver missing out on a nomination.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by TVFan365.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by TVFan365.
    Profile picture
    Spark87
    Topics:

After Edgerton’s win (I really though DiCaprio had the edge) I’ve changed my fifth spot: Edgerton over Deniro. Right now

1. Phoenix
    2. Driver
    3. Banderas
    4. DiCaprio
    5. Edgerton

And of course as I’ve been saying since a month or so, Phoenix has his name sealed in the Oscar already.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

What is this acceptance speech fuss? I know Renée and Joaquin’s was awkward but still. Having a great speech so much helped Bale and Close to win last year right?!

It helped Olivia Colman.

Profile picture
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Topics:

It helped Olivia Colman.

Olivia didn’t win because of her speeches. She won because she had a much bigger passion behind her, her movie was the most nominated of the night (alongside Roma) and had the best performance, even though that’s subjective.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Olivia didn’t win because of her speeches. She won because she had a much bigger passion behind her, her movie was the most nominated of the night (alongside Roma) and had the best performance, even though that’s subjective.

I said it helped, not that it’s solely the reason why she won. 💀

A lot of people found her speeches hilarious and found her charming and sincere… it’s a fact.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

I love Renée and Joaquin but they gave really weird speeches. Hopefully they get better at it since most likely they will sweep this season.

Profile picture
    fawkes
    Topics:

I really didn’t think Phoenix seemed rude during his acceptance speech.

He told his fellow nominees that they inspire him, said their work is beautiful and mesmerizing, said he felt honored to be mentioned alongside them, and said he was grateful to all of the people attending. He also praised the show for their plant-based menu.

He cursed a couple of times but I wouldn’t call that rude, that’s just how he talks. And when he mentioned the private jet thing he said, “I’ll try to be better and I hope you will too.” He isn’t eloquent in how he says it, but I don’t think anyone expects him to be.

Profile picture
    Singsongoflove01
    Topics:

I really didn’t think Phoenix seemed rude during his acceptance speech. He told his fellow nominees that they inspire him, said their work is beautiful and mesmerizing, said he felt honored to be mentioned alongside them, and said he was grateful to all of the people attending. He also praised the show for their plant-based menu. He cursed a couple of times but I wouldn’t call that rude, that’s just how he talks. And when he mentioned the private jet thing he said, “I’ll try to be better and I hope you will too.” He isn’t
    eloquent in how he says it, but I don’t think anyone expects him to be.

I’m very awkward so Phoenix’s speech hit home for me. He’s socially aware and that much came across. And far from being arrogant he was very humbled by his co-nominees. I hope he keeps winning. I know why people might find his speech weird but Phoenix has talked about having anxiety issues. I guess I prefer someone human giving the speech.

Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Let’s continue the conversation in Part 8.

Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.