Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 506 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Moviebuff22
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Let’s continue the conversation from Part 7.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Can anyone pay more attention to Banderas in this race?

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

1. Joaquin Phoenix
    2. Adam Driver
    3. Taron Egerton
    4. Leonardo DiCaprio
    5. Antonio Banderas

Phoenix is sweeping this season.

Profile picture
    Singsongoflove01
    Topics:

Each time Joaquin lost, the winner has the avantage of having a Drama Globe with him, now not only he has the Drama himself, but his ex-biggest competition is Globeless. The path couldn’t be more cleaner for him to walk till the Dolby Theater. I actually don’t like Phoenix that much, but Jesus what a performance!

I love Phoenix and his performance. He’s a very human individual with no pretense about him in the least. He struggles mightily with anxiety as I do and it’s perhaps inspiring to those of us who like seeing ourselves represented to watch him. Unlike Zellweger he actually did have a relevant message. And his film is ten times better because of his performance. He’s a gifted actor and a very real human.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Can you be serious for once. lol!

How dare you?!?

😉

Profile picture
    FrankB18169759
    Topics:

Congrats to Oscar winner Joaquin Phoenix!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Phoenix stans are NOT going to be happy when Taron walks away with the Oscar. Just watch..

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Phoenix stans are NOT going to be happy when Taron walks away with the Oscar. Just watch..

It would be hilarious if Taron followed the same path as Olivia Colman and stole the Oscar from Phoenix. But it won’t happen.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    Oryx
    Topics:

I think Phoenix is still going to win, I think the Globes was a bit of a fluke. If Taron wins it will just encourage filmmakers to make more second rate unambitious biopics of singers… can’t wait. Phoenix’s film has far more support across the board and will likely get several nominations elsewhere, where as the only other nomination Rocket Man will get is song.

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

It’s still Driver who is the alternative if Joaquin loses (unlikely at this point). Lmao @ people picking Edgerton. He’s at best a filler nominee

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Taron is very much a Globes pick for a win. We all should have predicted it if we didn’t. I think the biggest surprise is that he got into SAG. I’m still not 100% convinced he’s in this Actor race and will he nominated for the Oscar.

Even though they lost the Globe, I can see Eddie Murphy and Leo getting more #1 votes to land a nom than Taron… but I could be wrong.

Also, Adam Sandler is looking more and more likely to break into the race last minute with Uncut Gems. It’s making A LOT of money at the Box Office for an indie/A24 picture and is gaining buzz daily.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Egerton is lock for a BAFTA nom. GG win solidified him over Bale. Murphy and Flopimite are done. Not sure what Leo has to do with anything.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I think Phoenix is still going to win, I think the Globes was a bit of a fluke. If Taron wins it will just encourage filmmakers to make more second rate unambitious biopics of singers… can’t wait. Phoenix’s film has far more support across the board and will likely get several nominations elsewhere, where as the only other nomination Rocket Man will get is song.

Rocketman was one of the more unique singer biopics though, much better than the likes of Judy and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Egerton is definitely a lock after GG win.He may also win BAFTA if you remember 2013 where Chiwetel won.

-Phoenix
    -Driver
    -Egerton
    -Banderas
    -DiCaprio

SAG nominating Egerton was a huge telling.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Taron is very much a Globes pick for a win. We all should have predicted it if we didn’t. I think the biggest surprise is that he got into SAG. I’m still not 100% convinced he’s in this Actor race and will he nominated for the Oscar. Even though they lost the Globe, I can see Eddie Murphy and Leo getting more #1 votes to land a nom than Taron… but I could be wrong. Also, Adam Sandler is looking more and more likely to break into the race last minute with Uncut Gems. It’s making A LOT of money at the Box Office for an indie/A24 picture and is gaining buzz daily.

I have a feeling Sandler will take the last spot over Banderas. Uncut Gems has the makings of a Phantom Thread last-minute surprise at the Oscars.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.