Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Moviebuff22
wattsgold
  • smindymix
    Participant
    Topics:

This post comes off as extremely pretentious and arrogant. I’ve watched movies as back as the 20’s as I’m a film buff. I’ve seen the greats or the great – from Brando, Day-Lewis, Nicholson, Newman, Olivier, etc… I still think his is one of the best I’ve ever seen. You may disagree with others based on your own view-point of the film and his performance, but you don’t have to centralize your view on others much less accept it as a lack of maturity. The fact that he just won a Golden Globe and has been winning a lot of critics awards as well, demonstrates that his performance isn’t only viewed as great by the general public but also by knowledgeable film audiences.

Thanks for reminding me why I have that guy on ignore. Yikes.

Michel Nardini
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s sweeping and if you don’t think so you’re in denial.

Are you an illiterate? He never said Joaquin is or is not “sweeping”.

He is only telling his own opinion regarding his acting, regardless of what other people thought.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

“Joker” can be liked or not, it’s a matter of tastes. Here in Europe it has been much better received critically than in America, that’s a fact.

But in a matter of tastes… my two cents are that this is one of DC’s bests in cinema alongside the Dark Knight trilogy of Christopher Nolan and “Wonder Woman”. A kind of film that can be seen more than once at cinema (I guess that’s why it’s performing so well at the Box Office. Here in Spain is still in theaters after 3 months of its release. That’s unusual here, so people are rewatching it).

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate this category so god damn much. I have Phoenix, Driver, and Leo, and I posted last week about Taron being the 4 but he seems so easy to snub. I have 0 clue who the last two nominees will be.

Phoenix
    Driver
    DiCaprio

4. Edgerton?
    5. Sandler?
    6. Banderas?
    7. Bale?
    8. De Niro?
    9. Murphy?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Nikhil Nandu.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Nikhil Nandu.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

These forums are soooo boring now. Half the users have either left or been banned and the ones left are delusional or well just lack personality really. I’m really bored and disappointed. Not even Thatcher makes me wanna stick around. RIP.

K bye then

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

These forums are soooo boring now. Half the users have either left or been banned and the ones left are delusional or well just lack personality really. I’m really bored and disappointed. Not even Thatcher makes me wanna stick around. RIP.

Yes,this will be out of Topic.

Last year Kellis,O Hara,Essos,Sasha and many other were hugely active

What happened to them,they are banned?

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike-Tarantino-Wes Anderson-Bong Joon-Ho

Mason
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate this category so god damn much. I have Phoenix, Driver, and Leo, and I posted last week about Taron being the 4 but he seems so easy to snub. I have 0 clue who the last two nominees will be. Phoenix Driver DiCaprio – 4. Edgerton? 5. Sandler? 6. Banderas? 7. Bale? 8. De Niro? 9. Murphy?

Where is Pryce?

Pollo crudo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t really have a strong reason for this, but I’m predicting Sandler on the 5th spot, over Egerton and Murphy. Along with: Phoenix, Driver, Banderas and DiCaprio.

FrankB18169759
    Participant
    Topics:

Where is Pryce?

In a trash can, where he and Egerton belong.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Where is Pryce?

It’s hard to keep them all straight. I always forget one. Pryce is probably my 9, Murphy my 10. I currently have both Popes missing and the film missing in Picture.

I could see it getting Screenplay and a surprise tech or two.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate this category so god damn much. I have Phoenix, Driver, and Leo, and I posted last week about Taron being the 4 but he seems so easy to snub. I have 0 clue who the last two nominees will be.

Phoenix
    Driver
    DiCaprio

4. Edgerton?
    5. Sandler?
    6. Banderas?
    7. Bale?
    8. De Niro?
    9. Murphy?

I think Egerton is strong 4th and then you flip a coin. Pryce is probably above DeNiro since he hit 2 and Deniro only 1.

lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandler before Pryce. What are you guys smoking?

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

My current predictions are Banderas, Di Caprio, Driver, Egerton and Phoenix but I would love it if Pryce were to get the fifth slot, but sadly it would be at Banderas’s expense at this point ):

Still hoping for a SAG upset on the 19th with Driver winning Best Actor but not expecting it ):

Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s crazy to me that Uncut Gems hasn’t gotten more love in the pre-awards. Everyone I know has loved it. It was probably slow to get out there, but once people actually saw it it went to the top of their lists. Hopefully, it peaked at the right time for the Academy.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.