Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 358 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
titi
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Let’s continue the conversation from Part 10.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo is a thirsty ass fraud

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

From the previous thread:

Regarding the nominees, the white quartet are locks and all getting in. The last slot is given to one of these: Awkwafina (60%), Cynthia Erivo (20%), Lupita Nyong’o (20%). That’s it, I’m done! No excitement in this race anymore!

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

The race is over. Zellweger will pull a boring sweep and that’s on that

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, Johansson, or Theron, or Ronan has won nothing so far! I feel like she won’t gain enough traction or narrative to beat Zellweger. The only alternative that I truly felt confident to overthrow Zellweger is Lupita. But now the Globe messed her up (I believe they never expected her to become this big critics’ favorite but still fuck them!), we are back to square one! The only way the HFPA can resurrect themselves is Johanssion pulling an upset!

Faux architect
    Participant
    Topics:

The race is still close for winning. Renee has next to nothing. No Best Pic nominee, no overdue factor. She’s more vulnerable than Close last year. Meanwhile, Marriage Story, Little Women and even Bombshell might get in for Best Pic and those three have way better narratives for an Oscar. Ronan especially has room to grow.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  M Bocioaca.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  M Bocioaca.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Johansson winning over Zellweger would be a crime. I have a soft spot for Saoirse Ronan though. It feels like every nomination she gets she’s always in a solid second or third place.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s still a Theron v Zellweger race. Theron con win it if she campaigns hard for it. Many critics Choice members love her. She was one of the finalists for LAFCA probably finished 3rd or 4th. Zellweger has been damaged by this Lupita wins.

Johansson is steady third.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo is a thirsty ass fraud

We know. But she has a good studio backing her and the Oscar catnip role. Lupita can’t never get away of genre bias.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t get the Cynthia Erivo bashing. It looks to me like a beef than normal opinions. It looks like y’all like her performance but do not want to see her get awards love because of a personal dislike or whatever.

Imagine A World Without Movies

Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

An Erivo nomination is such a waste. Also, can squinty Zellweger get off so that both Awkwafina and Nyong’o has spots in the final five?

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Folks are already wailing over the absence of female directors at GG nominations on their snubs and surprises articles.

This may just lead to another undeserved Greta Gerwig worship at the Oscars.

Imagine A World Without Movies

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

No, lol Cynthia Erivo’s performance is just genuinely not good. But I had a gut feeling she would get in at the Globes over Lupita since Focus Features are campaign masters for Globes and acting categories. They don’t like Jordan Peele or Greta Gerwig lol. Lupita just needs the SAG nod with more critics domination (preferably NSFC and more regionals) and she’s fine.

justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t get the Cynthia Erivo bashing. It looks to me like a beef than normal opinions. It looks like y’all like her performance but do not want to see her get awards love because of a personal dislike or whatever.

Copying my comment on this subject from the GG reaction thread: “With every project since “The Color Purple”, my mouth has gotten dry from seeing her blatant thirst for awards. She also seems to be very pompous having won an Emmy (thank God that category is gone), Grammy, and Tony for CP. I’m not saying she is arrogant, but just seems like she thinks she’s God’s gift to mankind. That we should all be so blessed.”

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Folks are already wailing over the absence of female directors at GG nominations on their snubs and surprises articles. This may just lead to another undeserved Greta Gerwig worship at the Oscars.

Leave your internalized misogyny at the door, Greta Gerwig did what she had to do with Lady Bird.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 358 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.