Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 358 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
titi
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

God this whole ass season is so boring. Can we time skip to September 2020?

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

God this whole ass season is so boring. Can we time skip to September 2020?

Lupita was bringing so much excitement and TrashFPA just ruined her. I mean she’s not done yet but they just made a huge mistake. Trash, trash, trash

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

The Globes nominations as a whole are bottom of the barrel. They snubbed a bunch of acclaimed POC things in favor of mediocrity just because (i.e. Watchmen snubbed for the fucking Morning Show, When They See Us blanked out, Zhao missing for Annette Bening). Deplorable.

Profile picture
    ricardo
    Topics:

Boring as it may be, Renee is deserving of the Oscar. It’s a once in a career type performance. Renee is a gracious person & will give heartfelt acceptance speeches. It’s hard when you are the front runner & favorite in any competition.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

What the fuck are those nominations? I mean, they nominated Kit Harington.

Erivo LOL

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Erivo will still be snubbed for the Oscar. The nomsn are locked now: Johansson, Zellweger, Theron, Ronan, and Awkwafina. RIP Nyong’o.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Cheap and British Beyoncé nominated over Duplicity? That’s racism. HFPA are rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

The winners this century either had a Best Pic nom, were massively overdue (Meryl, Moore) or had at least one above the line nom, all except Cotillard and Theron. Theron had very weak competition. That only leaves Cotillard who competed against Julie Christie (Screenplay nom and favorite) and Ellen Page (BP nom and virtual unknown). I don’t think Renee will be the new Cotillard. Her competition is too strong.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Erivo will still be snubbed for the Oscar. The nomsn are locked now: Johansson, Zellweger, Theron, Ronan, and Awkwafina. RIP Nyong’o.

Oh baby if you think these are locked, you have not experienced Oscar morning enough yet.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Globes nominations as a whole are bottom of the barrel. They snubbed a bunch of acclaimed POC things in favor of mediocrity just because (i.e. Watchmen snubbed for the fucking Morning Show, When They See Us blanked out, Zhao missing for Annette Bening). Deplorable.

I knew female and POC led films would be snubbed at the Globes based on my research, but it’s still sad to see (except for Bombshell, fuck that film). At least Parasite did well.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Lupita already has an Oscar anyway so it’s fine. It’s plenty of black directors out there who will eventually give her the leading roles she deserves. She will rise again

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Lupita already has an Oscar anyway so it’s fine. It’s plenty of black directors out there who will eventually give her the leading roles she deserves. She will rise again

We know. The point is she will probably win for a baity role that won’t be half as good as Adelaide/Red. I’m not exaggerating when I’m saying that a win for a role like this would be historic. Best once since Natalie and maybe even Charlize, as far as originality goes.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by M Bocioaca.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by M Bocioaca.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

We know. The point is she will probably win for a baity role that won’t be half as good as Adelaide/Red. I’m not exaggerating when I’m saying that a win for a role like this would be historic. Best once since Natalie and maybe even Charlize.

I 100% agree. It would be terrific. But it’s sadly not happening.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Lol. I warned everyone that those Lupita wins meant nothing. Toni Collete 2.0. The Globes have more genre bias than the industry. She might still happen at Sag since they nominated Emily Blunt but Oscar is a long Shot. She’s fighting for that 5th spot with Erivo or maybe Ronan.

Zellweger
    Johansson
    Theron

Are LOCKED.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

It’s not over until nomination morning. I can see a strong case for the three locked (the media with such basic coverage of them doesn’t help), but not having Lupita because of Ronan in that overdone role just doesn’t seem right.

Is AMPAS really that nervous for having a previous POC winner nominated again, this time in the Lead category? Are they so weak?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 358 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.