Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 358 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
titi
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am now wishing I hadn’t skipped Harriet when it came out a few months ago. I just couldn’t get myself to the movie theater to see it. But I will be seeing it soon. I can’t say much about this category since I haven’t seen so many of the movies (haven’t been released yet) that are in contention.

Have reviews come out for Seberg yet? I need to check. I loved the trailer but the film hasn’t opened yet. She hasn’t been getting any critics nominations, which is surprising because she (Kristen Stewart) looks to be magnificent? Has anyone seen it yet?

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

Where is Kellis, EsOs and company? Did the mods take care of them?

Like how they’ve done that to you 30 times?

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

theresa

You’ve been banned countless times but for some reason are allowed back with your troll ass. Other users who are blatantly racist have never got banned (Freddy Blackfyre). Yet a bunch of GREAT users get banned for no reason at all here. It makes no sense to me.

DRAG that bitch.

Profile picture
    Kubrick
    Topics:

I’m still thinking Scarlett wins due to her film, but there was something about her performance that bothered me. The kind of performance where the actor starts walking over to the phone to answer it before it even rings. No spontaneity, no surprise, just predetermined action. She’s just not an exciting performer to me. The performance felt almost pedestrian to me, and I actually started thinking of actors I wish had played the part instead…during the film. Having said that, those performances end up winning in recent years.

I truly hope the eventual winner is a two-time Oscar winner at the end of the night.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

What everyone has hit so far:

Lupita: AAFCA, BFCA, Boston Online, Black Reel, Chicago, Detroit, HCA, LAFCA (runner up), NYFCC, NYFCO, Online Female, Philly, Phoenix Critics Circle, SAG, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Southeastern (runner-up) Toronto, Vancouver, Washington, Women Film Critics

Renee: AACTA, Atlanta, BIFA, BFCA, Chicago, Detroit, Globes, HCA, Indie Spirit, Las Vegas, NBR, Phoenix, SAG, Satellite, St. Louis, Washington, Women Film Critics

Scarlett: AACTA, BFCA, Chicago, Detroit, Globes, HCA, Indie Spirit, Las Vegas, Phoenix, SAG, Satellite, St. Louis, Washington, Women Film Critics

Charlize: AACTA, BFCA, Detroit, Globes, HCA, Phoenix, Satellite, Online Female Critics,SAG, St. Louis, Washington

Awkwafina: AACTA, BFCA, Chicago, Detroit, Globes, Gotham, HCA, Phoenix, Online Female Critics, Satellite, Washington

Saoirse: AACTA, BFCA, Globes, Phoenix, Online Female Critics, Philly (runner-up), Southeastern, St. Louis, Women Film Critics

Cynthia: BFCA, Black Reel, Globes, SAG, Satellite, St. Louis, Women Film Critics

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Bee.
    Profile picture
    OhJulian
    Topics:

Scarlett Johansson

Renee Zellweger

Charlize Theron

Lupita Nyong’o

Awkwafina

It’s my line up for now.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Bombshell is expected to debut with a 92.5k-100k per theater average. talk about momentum.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I wonder if Lupita can win a Televised award, despite being snubbed by the Globes.?.?.?.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I wonder if Lupita can win a Televised award, despite being snubbed by the Globes.?.?.?.

She’s going to with the Saturn Award. 😂

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

She’s probably getting SAG. I’m guessing she’s third there (after Zellweger and Johansson). It’s gonna be close call between these three.

You gone make the Theron stans upset!

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

She’s probably getting SAG. I’m guessing she’s third there (after Zellweger and Johansson). It’s gonna be close call between these three.

I can see actors and critics getting behind her even more since she was snubbed by the Globes. Every award show wants to be the younger sibling to the Oscars and them awarding Lupita can help make the globes seem even less valuable than they already are.

Just a thought, nothing serious!

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Possible. I mean blunt won for quiet place which was biggest movie in the category.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I can see actors and critics getting behind her even more since she was snubbed by the Globes. Every award show wants to be the younger sibling to the Oscars and them awarding Lupita can help make the globes seem even less valuable than they already are.

Just a thought, nothing serious!

Shut Up

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

theresa You’ve been banned countless times but for some reason are allowed back with your troll ass. Other users who are blatantly racist have never got banned (Freddy Blackfyre). Yet a bunch of GREAT users get banned for no reason at all here. It makes no sense to me.

wait a minute! Kellis and EsOS have been banned? They’re some of the best posters on here. Honestly

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Imagine if Erivo not only gets an Oscar nomination, but wins as well. That’ll be the biggest shock cos no one is predicting her. She even got miraculous noms at precursors because her vehicle failed at TIFF. I just wonder what would happen if she wins

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 358 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.