Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
titi
tom92
  • Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Metacritic leaderboard: 1. Lupita Nyong’o: 55 points (14 wins) 2. Renee Zellweger: 32 points (4 wins) 3. Scarlett Johansson: 30 points (4 wins) 4. Awkwafina: 18 points (2 wins) 5. Saoirse Ronan: 15 points (1 win) 6. Charlize Theron: 10 points (0 wins)

Cynthia Erivo : N.A

Absolutely no passion for her performance. Homegirl is literally riding Harriet’s name and I hate this so much

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

And there is a difference in saying “she gave two great performances, so she should be nominated” and “she has two performances, so she should be nominated” practically no one is saying the latter.

My point was to not say she deserves it for ONLY playing a two part role. How many times must I say it?

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo : N.A

Absolutely no passion for her performance. Homegirl is literally riding Harriet’s name and I hate this so much

Harriet Tubman is looking after her. She’ll give her the nomination. She’s too powerful.

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg the willful stupidity and delusion in this thread between two troll posters (sofan is NOT one of them) bantering fucking nonsense! Embarrassing!

If it’s about me, I’d rather you say it. You’re another one who wants my blood because I disagreed with you. You are truly embarrassing and contribute little to the conversation. Added to the ignore list. Goodbye.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Metacritic leaderboard:
    1. Lupita Nyong’o: 55 points (14 wins)
    2. Renee Zellweger: 32 points (4 wins)
    3. Scarlett Johansson: 30 points (4 wins)
    4. Awkwafina: 18 points (2 wins)
    5. Saoirse Ronan: 15 points (1 win)
    6. Charlize Theron: 10 points (0 wins)

Love it. But Metacritic is giving the delusionals false hopes.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Love it. But Metacritic is giving the delusionals false hopes.

Lol!

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita is solidifying her spot in the line-up. With Saoirse gaining traction as her release date gets closer, I could easily see her snatch Erivo’s spot, especially if Ronan makes BAFTA over Erivo.

justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

It seems like Awkwafina isn’t happening. While I didn’t like her performance, I am all for historic representation. (Really hoping for Shuzhen in Supporting!) That said – it’ll be Lupita, Charlize, Renee, Scarlett, and Saoirse.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I did some research and we have to give credit to our major snubs to the Satellite and AACTA.

Amy Adams (Arrival)
    Tilda Swinton (We need to talk about Kevin)

Both missed SATELLITE.

Emma Thompson Saving Mr Banks missed AACTA.

In other words SATELLITE + CC + GG + SAG + AACTA = inevitable for an Oscar nomination.

Only three contenders have that: Renee Zellweger, Scarlett Johansson, Charlize Theron.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

It seems like Awkwafina isn’t happening. While I didn’t like her performance, I am all for historic representation. (Really hoping for Shuzhen in Supporting!) That said – it’ll be Lupita, Charlize, Renee, Scarlett, and Saoirse.

Saoirse isnt happening. No one cares about little women despite the reviews.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Metacritic leaderboard:
    1. Lupita Nyong’o: 55 points (14 wins)
    2. Renee Zellweger: 32 points (4 wins)
    3. Scarlett Johansson: 30 points (4 wins)
    4. Awkwafina: 18 points (2 wins)
    5. Saoirse Ronan: 15 points (1 win)
    6. Charlize Theron: 10 points (0 wins)

Like I said, Ronan vs Theron for the 5th spot.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Saoirse is either 5th place or not in at all. Little Women just isn’t really happening any more outside of Pugh (who is also getting momentum partially because of her superior Midsommar performance).

And Pugh isn’t even that strong.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Cordelia.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Cordelia.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Saoirse is either 5th place or not in at all. Little Women just isn’t really happening any more outside of Pugh (who is also getting momentum partially because of her superior Midsommar performance).

Awkwafina isn’t happening, Saoirse Isn’t happening.

Just being Asian is not enough to take Awkwafina to an Oscar nom. She needs to act and she doesn’t know what acting is.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

One advantage Saoirse Ronan might have is that the movie will be fresher in voters minds – unless of course they re-watch some of the earlier in the year films and refresh their memories. I am so looking forward to seeing Little Women on Christmas day! (:

justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

I think “Little Women” is going to be very successful at the box office, which will help with its visibility. Every time I’ve been in a theater recently, the trailer plays and every is very vocal which I haven’t seen with other films. Whether that translates to nominations of course remains to be seen – yet, if its profile continues to rise in coming weeks that’ll bode well for voting period. It won’t make director, but I think Picture, Actress, Supporting Actress, Adapted Screenplay, and Score are still in play.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.