Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 500 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
titi
tom92
  • Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Screaming how the pundits are trying to push Charlize as this spoiler to Renee Zellweger when isn’t winning anything.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Neither have done well but Erivo has the advantage of being British.

Which only takes you so far. She’s still an unknown in a movie they don’t care about. Judi Dench, the BAFTA QUEEN, got snubbed for Victoria & Abdul there. In fact, that’s exactly how Erivo’s run is looking.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Which only takes you so far. She’s still an unknown in a movie they don’t care about. Judi Dench, the BAFTA QUEEN, got snubbed for Victoria & Abdul there. In fact, that’s exactly how Erivo’s run is looking.

I think you’re being kind, Erivo is doing much worse than Dench. I’ve said elsewhere but it’s not obvious Erivo is English. She should have an edge since she got a kind of nomination at BAFTA before but I’m sure she’ll get swapped for a British actress who doesn’t get attention from Oscar.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Screaming how the pundits are trying to push Charlize as this spoiler to Renee Zellweger when isn’t winning anything.

I be wondering that too

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Dench got the SAG award and Globe nomination. Erivo Got the same and the Critics choice. I wouldnt call Erivo a lock at Baftas

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

The only ones who haven’t won anything yet are Charlize Theron and Cynthia Erivo

Sounds about right. The film would have been a lot better if Kidman was lead and Theron was supporting. Megyn Kelly is simply not a sympathetic character.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Lupita wins Kansas! That’s 13 wins so far, the most out of all of the acting categories.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Sounds about right. The film would have been a lot better if Kidman was lead and Theron was supporting. Megyn Kelly is simply not a sympathetic character.

Why does a lead need to be sympathetic?

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

And someone told me that Lupita had zero chance and I disagreed WHOLEHEARTEDLY

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Lupita wins Kansas! That’s 13 wins so far, the most out of all of the acting categories.

I’m desperate to put her in my top 5 but I worry about the Oscars horror bias

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Pundits could literally change the narrative right now and be like “Lupita is the dark horse for the Oscar” “Awkwafina can get the nom” but nope they do the same thing and want the makeup, OMGTRANSFORMATION performances to get the most.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Why does a lead need to be sympathetic?

It sets up better chances for a win, it’s one of the reasons Christian Bale lost to Rami Malek. Dick Cheney is a shitty person while Freddie Mercury is one of the most beloved musicians of all time. Voters tend to resonate more with who they have positive emotions towards. Megyn Kelly is known to be trash so it’s hard to make her sympathetic in a movie that doesn’t have the chops to do so, something against Theron.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Im thinking Lupita is the sole acting push for universal.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

It sets up better chances for a win, it’s one of the reasons Christian Bale lost to Rami Malek. Dick Cheney is a shitty person while Freddie Mercury is one of the most beloved musicians of all time. Voters tend to resonate more with who they have positive emotions towards. Megyn Kelly is known to be trash so it’s hard to make her sympathetic in a movie that doesn’t have the chops to do so, something against Theron.

I’m English so I have no idea who she is. I just don’t like it when people say women need to be sympathetic etc.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I’m English so I have no idea who she is. I just don’t like it when people say women need to be sympathetic etc.

The Critics are mostly woke liberals. ANy decision they make comes through the lense of politics first.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Victor Cruz.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.