Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 496 through 503 (of 503 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
51 years ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
FrankB18169759
tom92
  • Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Sag voters are not getting Judy dvd screener only digital. On the other hand, we’re getting Marriage Story and Bombshell. This could affect Renee with voters at sag.

That doesnt mean anything. Screeners are coming in slow anyway. Only got Parasite, Joker, and Harriet so far.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I would say BAFTA can be telling but their nomination day is the same day as Oscar voting closes. Plus, the last time they went 5/5 was back in 2007 so who knows at this point.

Profile picture
    AnotherVice
    Topics:

Ronan is probably happening which means I have to drop Awkwafina. Lol the Oscars will never have two POC in this category ever again.

Don’t. Let’s fight the good fight until the end. The fact that it’s not even about wanting two POC actresses here because they are POC, three of these POC contenders (Woodard, Awkwafina, Nyong’o) have more acclaimed movies/performances as well as critical awards (Nyong’o) than most of these nonPOC contenders. Nyong’o alone has more critics awards than all of the contenders COMBINED, yet she’s vying for that fifth spot with the other POCs. It really shows the bias, but I’ll sink with this ship and still predict Nyong’o and Awkwafina here.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

No renee is bold. I still think it’s the same Charlize and Ronan fighting over one spot. Today swung in Ronan’s direction and she has a softer landing at BAFTA.

Imagine being so delusional to think Charlize and Ronan are competing for the same spot. Lmao. And that one of them will miss to Awkwafina of all people.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

1. Zellweger (SATELLITE + CC + GG + SAG+ AACTA)
    2. Johansson (Satellite + CC + GG + SAG + AACTA)
    3. Theron (SATELLITE + CC + GG + SAG + AACTA)
    ———————————————————————————————————————
    4. Ronan (CC + GG + AACTA)
    5. Erivo (SATELLITE + CC + GG + SAG)
    6. Nyong’o (CC + SAG)
    7. Awkwafina (SATELLITE(Comedy)+ CC + GG(Comedy) + AACTA)

Profile picture
    AnotherVice
    Topics:

Stop this nonsense! Y’all rooting hard for Nyong’o now because she has that critics support, before she starts sweeping them, no one took her seriously which means she wasn’t seen as a serious contender (rightfully so). Renée, Theron, Ronan and Johansson all received more acclaim for their performances than Lups, also Lups didn’t have Oscar winning reviews by the time her movie got released. The critics tried it, now that they failed as the media ain’t buying that Lupita BS, since she doesn’t have the winning performance, y’all coming up with these POC things… again. Blame the critics to not have supported Mrs. Woodard, because the hype would have been huge had they gone with her besides she has a winning performance.

Don’t speak for me because I always rooted for Lupita. And I’m sorry, if you’re going to bring up critics, all of these ladies got glowing reviews yet Lupita is the one winning all of the awards, including one of the Trifecta. It’s your opinion that critics tried to push her, but the facts show us that she’s WINNING those awards, and the reason why are just speculations outside of them thinking that she gave the best performance out of the contenders.

Also, isn’t her movie better reviewed than Judy and Bombshell? It’s sitting on a 81 MC score while Judy/Bombshell are below 70 right now, so not only she’s getting more critic awards, she also had a better reviewed movie.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Stop this nonsense! Y’all rooting hard for Nyong’o now because she has that critics support, before she starts sweeping them, no one took her seriously which means she wasn’t seen as a serious contender (rightfully so).
    Renée, Theron, Ronan and Johansson all received more acclaim for their performances than Lups, also Lups didn’t have Oscar winning reviews by the time her movie got released.

The critics tried it, now that they failed as the media ain’t buying that Lupita BS, since she doesn’t have the winning performance, y’all coming up with these POC things… again.

Blame the critics to not have supported Mrs. Woodard, because the hype would have been huge had they gone with her besides she has a winning performance.

Leeavvvvveeeee the site, Kord. Nobody wants you here.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Stop this nonsense! Y’all rooting hard for Nyong’o now because she has that critics support, before she starts sweeping them, no one took her seriously which means she wasn’t seen as a serious contender (rightfully so).
    Renée, Theron, Ronan and Johansson all received more acclaim for their performances than Lups, also Lups didn’t have Oscar winning reviews by the time her movie got released.

The critics tried it, now that they failed as the media ain’t buying that Lupita BS, since she doesn’t have the winning performance, y’all coming up with these POC things… again.

Blame the critics to not have supported Mrs. Woodard, because the hype would have been huge had they gone with her besides she has a winning performance.

I rooted for Lupita too from the beginning

Viewing 8 posts - 496 through 503 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.