Home Forums Movies 2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 376 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
Stegeo
  • thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix is NOT taking 5+ acting slots. DeNiro, Al Pacino, Driver and Dern are getting in. Johansson is easily outshined by her costars and she’s not a well liked actress in the industry.

Scarlett’s starring in a film that’s considered one of this year’s biggest contenders. Not to mention, this category is wide open. Driver and Dern may be more respected, and they may outshine her, but that doesn’t mean she’s not getting in. She’ll also be helped by the fact that Netflix doesn’t have any other contenders to push in her category. I don’t think she’s winning, but I’m fairly certain Johansson’s getting nominated.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

That snub was truly disgusting.. my favorite YouTube channel just made a really informative video on that season if anyone wants to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4GvecFjLkU

Honestly neither Kidman nor Zellweger should’ve won. Julianne Moore in Far from Heaven was right there!

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL at some people still thinking Johansson is getting snubbed.

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly neither Kidman nor Zellweger should’ve won. Julianne Moore in Far from Heaven was right there!

God DAMMIT that was such a strong year!! Even Diane Lane was competitive with that NSFC and NYFCC combo

cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

This race is giving me migraines. Our last winner was so blindingly obvious (to me at least).

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

As was Diane Lane.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping the Gotham + Spirits + critics nominate and start a Sienna Miller push even to the Globes. She gave the best performance of this year of all the lead actress contenders and has been wasted on these supporting Barbie trash roles for a decade + too long.

madeline
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Renée will be the sole Oscar nod for Judy. Judy has a great shot at nabbing Make-Up and Costumes bids as well. So all the more reason to believe that she’s safe to win if that happens.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Remember when Natalie Portman for Jackie and Lady Gaga were locks for Golden Globe Drama and all of the sudden they lost and they were just forgotten in the race. That’s Renee this year.

cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Renée will be the sole Oscar nod for Judy. Judy has a great shot at nabbing Make-Up and Costumes bids as well. So all the more reason to believe that she’s safe to win if that happens.

There’s nothing particularly special about the make-up in that film. She doesn’t even look like Judy.

madeline
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s nothing particularly special about the make-up in that film. She doesn’t even look like Judy.

I beg to differ. I saw the film and she looked exactly like her. They did a fabulous job.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I beg to differ. I saw the film and she looked exactly like her. They did a fabulous job.

She doesnt look like her. Its just the wig and the teeth there wasnt huge prosthethics.

Moonrea
    Participant
    Topics:

With all the flopped films happening, the 1st Irish woman to win BA is becoming a reality. We love to see it.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I know. All these people inventing noms to try and make Judy happen. It’s not gonna happen.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

can we all agree that Harriet movie is the biggest flop of the year for best actress

Ur forgetting Natalie.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 376 total)

The topic ‘2020 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.